mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paul Revere Reproduction Sterling Bowl by Boardman

Weighs 1lb 3 oz

Paid $6

Found it at a yard sale on my way to work. This baby was still there at 11:00am!

100_1135.JPG

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find! That's probably a bigger sterling find then most on here! Love it! Bet it sells for alot more then melt on that baby!!

jbc465

Sep 7, 2013
That's what keeps the garage sale hunter going. You never know what you are going to find.

SilverBaron

Aug 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love yard sales. I too picked up a Revere piece. Only, it was an original Paul Revere Jr made tablespoon, circa 1800. Paid roughly $5 (bundled with other Colonial era coin silver pieces). Auction estimate is between $12k to $15k. I find silver at yard sales, thrift shops and junk piles all the time, but this was by far my best find.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love yard sales. I too picked up a Revere piece. Only, it was an original Paul Revere Jr made tablespoon, circa 1800. Paid roughly $5 (bundled with other Colonial era coin silver pieces). Auction estimate is between $12k to $15k. I find silver at yard sales, thrift shops and junk piles all the time, but this was by far my best find.

Great find mjlalt!

@SilverBaron....can we see picks of your piece?

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chunk of Sterling

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's very cool! I collect early American coin silver and it's a goal (and dream) of mine to find a true Revere piece. I've heard a story that someone found a Revere piece at Brimfield for pretty cheap.

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you happen to see a Revere piece and Paul isn't on it, remember his father was also a silversmith....

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my gosh! You must have been shaking as your were getting your $6 out of your wallet!! What an awesome find!
Congrats :)

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love it. Some of my best sterling hits are late morning. Just bizarre.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions