Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a barn sale yesterday - I grabbed a couple yardsticks that were in the corner - I asked how much - she said 25 cents each . She then said she had more in the house - she came out with a whole fist full .
Then she asked me if I like wood rulers - yup . I got all them for a dollar .
As i was leaving she said wait - She ran in the house and came out with a burlap yardstick holder & gave it to me for free . I love it when this stuff happens !
Thank you jnkhntr for your post the other day !

Attachments

• yardsticks 001.jpg
    yardsticks 001.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 102
  • yardsticks 002.jpg
    yardsticks 002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 82
  • yardsticks 005.jpg
    yardsticks 005.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 109

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Question 1: Why would anybody have all the wooden rulers? Some kind of collection? And are you now a collector or do they have some resale value? (one question, several sub-parts)

Question 2: When are you going to find a light socket protector for that kid? I keep waiting to see him get electrocuted, which of course, would be funny by itself.

steif

Mar 2, 2007
It is kind of amazing how many yardsticks were accumulated in the past.. most were given out as free advertising by almost every shop in business in the past.

on another note, I see at least one good stick in there, the one with the holes in it might be worth 20-30 bucks. they were called mechanics yardsticks and were made to hold engine valves in order while grinding them. actually, most of them are the good ones that bring better money because of their age.
great finds!!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One good thing about yardsticks, you don't have to guess how long of a box you need to ship them :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Table tops,drawer fronts can be covered with them. Creative stuff with hints of nostalgia.

IMG_0072.JPG

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Nice yardsticks, the valve holder one is awesome . I am on the hunt for them now also, found a bunch of nice ones this weekend also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions