Sterling Score at Goodwill and Other Weekend Finds...

Bergheimhunter

May 8, 2014
Bergheim , TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored a sterling silver belt buckle at Goodwill this weekend. It was hanging with the regular trash belts. Funny, I left feeling like I might have paid too much for it ($6.99), but justified the purchase because I knew I could give it to my son. However, when I got home and did my research, I discovered it was quite a find. It is a Vogt Elk Creek Sterling Silver buckle with two sterling keepers. It is similar to this one, but without the belt tip: http://www.vogtsilversmiths.com/belt-buckles/vogt-western-buckle-sets/the-wrangler-1-inch.html.

IMG_2536.JPG IMG_2537.JPG IMG_2538.jpg

I also purchased three huge bags of costume/craft jewelry for $10 at a garage sale. I didn't expect to find much in the way of silver and gold- and I didn't- but I was hoping to at least get $10 worth of jewelry out of it. I think I did. There were several pairs of earrings that I will keep, several items I think I can sell in bulk on ebay to get my $10 back and a small pile of what I suspect to be silver/ gold and gold filled.

IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2517.JPG IMG_2518.jpg IMG_2519.jpg IMG_2522.jpg IMG_2525.JPG IMG_2526.JPG IMG_2540.jpg

I also scored two teak pool loungers for $10. My husband can refinish them and make them like new. He did that with a beautiful teak table and chairs I purchased for $80 from a garage sale a few years back. I get compliments on that set all of the time.

Over all, I feel like I had a pretty successful weekend.:icon_thumleft:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found one of their belts and one of their bags in the past, they do well. Congratulations on all of the nice finds and
WELCOME to the club!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread