First ever free score.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
So I was at an estate sale yesterday, ended up being #1 in line. Anyway I spent about $180 and decided to make one more pass through the house to see if I missed anything. I went into the office room and found a calculator pinned under a printer. I dug it out and used my ebay app and this in the only one that popped up: NCR Class 18 44 Vintage Calculator | eBay

I asked the guy running the sale how much? And he says, just take it.

It is the same exact calculator except it does not have the lucky 3 billion plate. I am hoping that is not where the value is. Anyway I got it home and it won't work. I notice the springs in the battery compartment have some corrosion. I do my best to clean them off and pop the batteries back in. Hit the power button and it lights up, sweet.

The one I linked was not working and they still got that much for it.

The best part about this sale besides scoring so much great stuff for $180 was the fact the guy that was helping him was some sort of picking legend. Half the people on the list knew the guy as some sort of legendary picker. It just goes to show not everyone knows everything about everything.

Off the top of my head I got a Parker pen pencil sterling silver set, crosman 600 pistol with original box and paperwork, some good smoking pipes, couple awesome lamps, and a light bulb that might be worth $100 (aerolux), the previous mentioned calculator, a decent dietz lantern, a lufkin aluminum rule (sold already), and other misc. small items.

Happy hunting all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread