Jade pendant?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any thoughts on this pendant? It feels like it's stone but I don't know how something could be carved this nicely. There is three other round pieces inside of it. But I have not seen anything else like it. The necklace is not gold.

image-1132887477.jpg

image-3188061953.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jade ball, within a ball. Very pretty.

It amazes me the stuff you all know! I found a web site that sells them. And they are priced between $550-3500. So I'll have to contact them and see what they think. I may have a 14k loop added to it as well. It was in a .25 cent box of jewelry! A friend gave me after he searched it and pulled the gold and silver. I thought that pendant was unique? So I'll sell it for whatever and split the $ with him.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called a Chinese puzzle ball. Many are being imported from China nowadays. The antique ones are worth good money.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called a Chinese puzzle ball. Many are being imported from China nowadays. The antique ones are worth good money.

+1. I have been to a factory in china where they make those, near Qingdao (and a whole lot of jade mines). They carve it from a solid block of jade. there value of it depends on the craftsmanship. There are the masters that make them absolutely perfect to every detail, and all the angles are sharp and the pattern is even. The students make them a bit sloppier. when I was there those were the only ones I could afford. because it's jade I would have picked it up too! can't remember what I paid for mine, maybe $10 in China (but everything is super cheap there). it was a bit bigger than that one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread