Saturdays pick, probably will turn out to be my most profitable ever!!!!

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Saturday's pick, probably will turn out to be my most profitable ever!!!!

Hi, all. I haven't posted many of my finds of late, but I think and hope you will agree this one qualifies. If I broke it down into the four parts it came in, it would even qualify for Diggum's dollar or less buys. So, here is my story: Sat. my daughter had a baseballarama fund raiser, my morning killed, then at noon she had a birthday party, so after we dropped her off my wife and I decided to kill some time yardsaleing, as neither one of us wanted to clean the garage, like we should. The very first place we stop is a place we have stopped at a few times each yr. I believe the lady running it goes to auctions, buys whatever box lot goes for a dollar and puts it on her lawn sale the next weekend. It is a hodgepodge of goods and junk. I think it was even the first thing I saw when I got out of the truck, on the ground was a cork board with pins on it, several were unicorn pins. My wife, 30 yrs ago when I met her collected unicorns, so I scootched down and started to look at the pins. From the garage I heard the lady say, "You can have all of those for $2." There was a 2nd cork board under that one with baseball cap shaped MLB pins on it. I told her I would take them and walked what I thought were all of them to my truck, then I realized there were two more cork boards turned upside down beneath those. I actually told my wife, "Put these over in the truck too, I am going to pay for them before she thinks about it and changes her mind." and went to give her the $2. We picked there a little more, I got a tin toy, some vintage Coca-Cola advertising matchbook covers, a Canadian dollar coin, a couple of older style clothing pieces my wife wanted for our daughter to play dress up in, a small cap gun and a belt buckle for another $3.25. I have a hard time posting pics to this site for some reason, but the pins are like the following examples from eBay. There are over 800 of them.

S32 Los Angeles La Dodgers Baseball Cap Vintage Style Hat Pin Lapel Tie Tack | eBay

S29 Pittsburg Pirates MLB Baseball Cap Vintage Style Hat Pin Lapel Tie Tack | eBay

There are 295 of these.

50 or more like and or similar to this:

Unicorn Half Rainbow May Be Vintage Based on Back Lapel Hat Pin Nice | eBay

Or this:

Vintage I Brake for Unicorns Old Enamel Pin | eBay

There are 150 or so rainbow pins:

Vintage 1970's Rainbow Lightning Bolt Gold Tone Metal Enamel Pin Lapel Pinback | eBay

Vintage Irridescent Rainbow Old Enamel Pin | eBay

By now you get the picture, but there are Disney pins, Harley pins, Smurf pins, Popeye, etc. Approximately 845 of them. At even an average price of $5.00 each there is more than $4000 dollars worth of pins. This would beat my $10 snowblower that I sold 3 days later for $325 by a ton. I know I don't have the patience to do this $5 to a whack, I work 12 hour shifts and try and be a decent father, but a friend of mine has offered to sell them on ebay for me and offered to split it 70-30 in my favor. I told him if we do it, I would give him 50% since even with templates that can be used over and over, there is going to be a ton of time wrapped up in picture taking and shipping. If after fees, I end up with 15-1700 dollars, it will be my biggest score ever. Thanks for checking out the auctions, sorry about the picture thing.

T.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yard_sale.gif
Nice buys. Thanks for sharing...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the pins. Pins are great. I buy them all the time. I recently found 5 years worth of of Hard Rock Cafe Breast Cancer pins like these- Hard Rock Cafe Breast Cancer pin | eBay for $2 each at the flea market. You should check out the Disney pins, some of those are worth good money too.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Thank you for all the comments. I have looked up the Disney and Harley ones. They go for around 10-12 dollars each. There aren't many Disney ones, but there are 26 Harley pins. I just figured you guys would be sick of clicking on my examples by now so I didn't link any of those sold auctions. I won't maximize my profits, but I will be very happy with this find in the end. And my daughter's college fund will take a big jump in value. And, I will still get to spend the additional time with her instead of building eBay auctions. I still believe that is more important than the money. Again, thank you all for looking and your kind comments. I appreciate it that no one said I should list them myself. I could never do it. Bigger money items, I probably would.

T.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a friend of mine has offered to sell them on ebay for me and offered to split it 70-30 in my favor. I told him if we do it, I would give him 50% since even with templates that can be used over and over, there is going to be a ton of time wrapped up in picture taking and shipping.

T.
I wish I had a friend like that. So many items, so little time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread