cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had three hours to yardsale hunt last Saturday, bought 3 things total (the computer in another post and a brass candlestick) This was my best buy. A big box of Hallmark Christmas ornaments from years and years ago. I just looked at the top layer not even knowing how many there and asked how much. The lady wanted $20 and the squeekiness in me wanted to pay less. so I offered $15. Then she started looking through the box and pulled out one she decided not to sell and still wanted 20, so I said OK if you throw in the santa and reindeer ones (5 boxes) that were about 3 feet away on the blanket. At about this time a lady came up and started looking at the ones there and twice I told her I was buying them. She still hovered around like a vulture. The seller and i finished our deal and the lady asked out loud how much did you pay. I didn't answer but the seller said $20 and the lady said to me you got a good deal. I ignored her and packed up quickly. and because I didn't say anything she said louder you got a very good deal so the seller could hear. (she was probably hoping the seller would change her mind on the sale)

Well to make this long account shorter I got 55 boxed ornaments and only 4 were not hallmark.

Attachments

• MVC-056S.JPG
    MVC-056S.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 88
  • MVC-052S.JPG
    MVC-052S.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 81
  • MVC-057S.JPG
    MVC-057S.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 105

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are the frosty friends one ? I remember my mom saying they are worth alot! In fact that is a nice pick up. Esp some of the older ones. I like finding them! I think I have two huge boxes in my attic too. Maybe time to move them!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I was just saying how I have to sell all my ornaments come Christmas time. I bought a box of (12) German Hand blown ones the other day for .25 and a Christopher Radko for a dollar. Not to mention the rest of them i've been buying.

Treorp55

Feb 6, 2011
Eaton Rapids, MI
I sell hallmark ornaments every November-January. From the pictures, they all appear to be ones i throw in large lots of 100+ and hope the lot sells for average of .50-1.00. When buying hallmark, best to stick with the big names, or very new ones, and stay away from the family, basic ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions