tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I bought today at a indoor flea market.

This sterling cuff is signed by a Navajo silversmith Alvin Todacheene from New Mexico-(20.4 grams)- and right at spot value. I gave a bit under $12 for it. I also purchase this older Coleman lantern for $20 and some change. It looks to have been used maybe two or three times and is still like new. This one I may get 40-50 bucks out of, but some of the older Coleman lanterns can sell in to the thousands of dollars. I'm still looking for one of those.

Attachments

• flea mart 1.jpg
    flea mart 1.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 320
  • flea mart 2.jpg
    flea mart 2.jpg
    717.1 KB · Views: 235
  • flea mart 3.jpg
    flea mart 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buy on the Coleman lantern, love the red color on those.
It been a whole lot nicer if it was yellow, but hey! red will do just fine.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Navajo Alvin Toadacheene Stamped Sterling Silver Lady's Vintage Wire Bracelet | eBay

That bracelet could be a nice home run. I would have bought it at twice the price, if I had to. HH
Thanks! palidin, I suck at finding online listings of items I find at times. I did some looking last night and found a few on this maker, but not the one you linked here. That is a pie in the sky asking price and the pieces that I could review seemed to bring maybe a bit over double of what I paid. If I can get 50 out of this I'll be happy. I've not sold anything on eBay for months now as work has me very busy. I've been buying allot of stuff though. Come the end of summer I'll start to unload some of these things I've accumulated. Why is it I put this very makers name in a search on eBay and this listing you show didn't come up? ? ?.... I see it had an offer on it also.

Last edited:

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you take less than $75 free shipping on e-bay, I will hunt you down! ha ha.. It is a great find. HH

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you take less than $75 free shipping on e-bay, I will hunt you down! ha ha.. It is a great find. HH
Ok, I may just list it this weekend. I'm thinking a 3 day run at $94.99 OBO and prepaid shipping in the US. I'll set the auto-offer min at $74.95 and if you snooze you'll lose. I don't shoot for optimum prices in the summer. Folks are all in the deal finding mode and hard to get them to pop. They want to hang on their hard earned cash for all those smokin yard sale deals out there and vacation drive treasure hunts. This cuff is a bit of a small size and I'm thinking that's a bit of a downer. I will mention it's a piece any competent jeweler should be able to size up a little.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow...that Coleman was a score.

The lantern market seems like it has cooled quite a bit, but finding that gem, with a super nice box and the packing, will command a top price.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just sold a red single mantle Coleman at the flea market for $35.

My lantern was rough. Dented top, missing the finial nut, flaking paint, and was well worn.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
BTW, there is a flea market vendor sitting at home right now, laughing and excited that someone paid $18.95 for that old lantern.

Arachnofreak

Nov 16, 2012
Prescott Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been dying to get to the flea market, your finds are awesome. My uncle was a terrible flea market/yard sale junkie. His best find was a Tiffany lamp he paid $12.00 for, he sold it for $900.00, you never know what your gonna find! BTW, went back early in the morning to put $100.00 in there mailbox. Uncle Joe was a cool guy :)

Charlie

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I may just list it this weekend. I'm thinking a 3 day run at $94.99 OBO and prepaid shipping in the US. I'll set the auto-offer min at $74.95 and if you snooze you'll lose. I don't shoot for optimum prices in the summer. Folks are all in the deal finding mode and hard to get them to pop. They want to hang on their hard earned cash for all those smokin yard sale deals out there and vacation drive treasure hunts. This cuff is a bit of a small size and I'm thinking that's a bit of a downer. I will mention it's a piece any competent jeweler should be able to size up a little.
I would say $125 obo free shipping. Most of his stuff is priced much higher. A few are priced lower but they are charging shipping for some reason. HH

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, there is a flea market vendor sitting at home right now, laughing and excited that someone paid $18.95 for that old lantern.
I know the lady who had the booth. She has 4 booth's in this flea market and she sells cheap for cash flow. She does estate liquidations. She told me she bought her husband a plane with the money she made doing what she does and she lives at a air-park where you fly your plane up to the house. I check her spots at a high frequency. She has places all over the Denver front range areas and the big Armadillo antique mall. When you see her in these places she's moving like a ping pong ball and giving orders to her help. She has guys she pays to help her on the heavy merchandise she stocks and places at these flea markets and antique malls. I found a jar of junk in one of her booth that had a 1930's Micky watch in it and she only had 8 bucks on the whole jar. I sold that watch for $135 I think it was and it was missing pieces. So indeed I think she's very happy with her cash flow. I'm way to lazy to work like she does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions