High value bronze statue?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would you do with this? It's 200 lbs solid bronze on marble base. Two hunting dogs with a pheasant. I can't really make out who the signature is and I have no idea what's even list something like this at. What do you all think?

image-1497960463.jpg

image-1073363848.jpg

image-2335655042.jpg

image-3885159531.jpg

image-4183286276.jpg

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have passed up on some great deals on large bronze sculptures or statues because you just can't ship them anywhere near a reasonable cost. One I wish I would have bought to keep (especially for the price it went for) but otherwise if you don't have a shop or booth they are a hard sell because of weight, size & shipping.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
You might consider putting it on Craigslist and hope to find a local buyer. Here's another idea... see if you can locate some hunting clubs in your general area and find out if they would be interested in it or it least letting their members know it is available.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talk to Pete at Ashley Adams fine art gallery in Naples, he will give you a free appraisal, and may make an offer. I sold him a Carl Wagner bronze back in March.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a reproduction of a sculpture done by Clovis Edmond Masson Clovis Masson - 19th Century French Sculptor. When it comes to bronzes a green marble base usually means reproduction. Value goes from thousands to hundreds. I would list it locally or take it to a decent local auction house.

You know your stuff. I love it! Nice find! This once it's in Tampa Florida my cousin inherited she inherited 18 of them! All different huge bronze statues. She is willing to split 50-50 whenever I can sell. But thank you very much! Even if it is a reproduction is it the same signature same artist or whatever. Like a replica of his signature?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread