Landscape Oil Painting

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
Found a stunning looking oil painting complete w/ a river, mountains etc. It looks like you could just walk right into it and take a stroll through nature. $6 at a local resale thrift shop got me this beauty --- it's 20" x 24". I've been trying trying to identify the artist (P. Warden) by googling to establish value, but haven't had any luck.... Are there any art afficiandos out there who might be able to help??? I tried to take a digital picture to post here, but my camera is way out of wack.
HH
-spyguy

OP
OP
S

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
JG,
It's an unnumbered original oil painting. I also was unable to find that first initial and last name, but thank you for the link! I once saw a painter named Patricia Warden while googling, but it didn't appear that her "style" matched up w/ my painting.... Any other thoughts on it?
HH
-spyguy

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spyguy,

You didn't mention if the painting was matted and framed. If it is professionally done, this is a good clue that it may be a better quality piece and the framer usually places a label on the back with their name, address and phone. I wish I could help you more but if there are no other markings on the painting and google doesn't come up with anything then you may never find the artist. There are literally thousands of aspiring artists out there and some of them are pretty darned good.

Hang it up and get your six bucks worth of enjoyment.

Jim

Vcorrenti

Mar 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking for a P. Warden, too. Where did you find your painting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread