Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2006
    9 times

Landscape Oil Painting

Found a stunning looking oil painting complete w/ a river, mountains etc. It looks like you could just walk right into it and take a stroll through nature. $6 at a local resale thrift shop got me this beauty --- it's 20" x 24". I've been trying trying to identify the artist (P. Warden) by googling to establish value, but haven't had any luck.... Are there any art afficiandos out there who might be able to help I tried to take a digital picture to post here, but my camera is way out of wack.
    HH
    -spyguy

us
    Feb 2005
    On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
    2 times

Re: Landscape Oil Painting

Try this link [url]http://www.askart.com/AskART/index.aspx/url]. I did a quick search and only came up with 3 with that last name and none with a first initial of P but that doesn't mean he/she isn't a known artist. This will at least give you a place to start.

BTW is it an original, print, s/n(signed and numbered) print, oil, watercolor?

JG
    "The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"    (Paul Fix)

us
    Feb 2005
    2 times

Whoops....broken link
    Here it is again http://www.askart.com/AskART/index.aspx
    "The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"    (Paul Fix)

Jan 2006
    9 times

JG,
    It's an unnumbered original oil painting. I also was unable to find that first initial and last name, but thank you for the link! I once saw a painter named Patricia Warden while googling, but it didn't appear that her "style" matched up w/ my painting.... Any other thoughts on it?
    HH
    -spyguy

us
    Feb 2005
    2 times

spyguy,

You didn't mention if the painting was matted and framed. If it is professionally done, this is a good clue that it may be a better quality piece and the framer usually places a label on the back with their name, address and phone. I wish I could help you more but if there are no other markings on the painting and google doesn't come up with anything then you may never find the artist. There are literally thousands of aspiring artists out there and some of them are pretty darned good.

Hang it up and get your six bucks worth of enjoyment.

Jim

Sponsored Links