Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Hi all last night I bought this and was just looking for some help as to what you all thought of it. It is a picture by Fred (Mister) Rogers that has the Mister Rogers theme written out on a staff and is signed. Thanks for looking Sorry about the bad pictures it's the best my phone could do and any help with a starting price or finding something similar would be great as I have tried and failed myself. Thanks again everyone for all the tips and knowledge you share it is very much appreciated!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140710_072857.png
    ForumRunner_20140710_072857.png
    168 KB · Views: 157
OP
OP
D

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More pictures

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140710_073049.png
    ForumRunner_20140710_073049.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 138
  • ForumRunner_20140710_073116.png
    ForumRunner_20140710_073116.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 151

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a signed photo is worth a couple of hundred. I would imagine if those are actually his hand prints it would be worth quite a bit more. A lot of people grew up watching him and nostalgia sells. Is that a date below his signature, or is it a print number?

OP
OP
D

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a date 1997 I believe thanks for the info!

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow that's really cool, I bet it's authentic! It would seem very in character for him. Just by itself it's probably worth a great deal to a collector with the pockets to out bid some other ones, but if you could maybe contact PBS or the Estate that manages his affairs to find out if this was a limited thing he did, versus other types of original materials (this feels to me like something sent in response to a nice letter or communication of some sort), so in that respect the date is a huge help. Enjoyed the find!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I agree with the others. Provenance will only add to the value. I bet those are his hand prints. I wonder if his prints are on file anywhere? lol. I've found many examples of his autographs that have dates under them. I also found another example of his "jingle" drawn with his autograph. Haven't found any "art" though. Plus this piece has both his signatures and his handprints (I believe). So in those terms it has everything going for it. If a signed press photo can sell for $50 then this should be worth 4 times that amount or close to it I would think.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
With weird cool things from celebs, provenance is everything. Read my post "swimming in it," for another reference to establishing the provenance. BTW, meeting with John Naber on Saturday to get letters signed and notarized.

OP
OP
D

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick update on this old post I left it hanging in my apartment for awhile then listed it on the eBay. It sat fir quite awhile as I slowly lowered the price and last week it sold for 399.99! Thanks again everyone for your knowledge you all share here everyday!

OP
OP
D

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha yeah I forgot that's what he said great job man!

OP
OP
D

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol oops yeah we are both pretty good at math no big deal haha

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that is a super cool find. Congrats on the huge sale. How long did it sit on Ebay for? Just curious.

OP
OP
D

DGfinder

May 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and I think since about the beginning of the year. I started it out at crazy money of $1000 obo and worked my way down quickly then kept relisting it at 399.99 obo.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the nice sale. I'm reluctant to drop the price until an item has been listed for a few weeks with no takers. My theory is that if prospective buyers see the price drop they will wait to see how far you will take it. Once you settle on a number, the buyers will wait to see if there is any further reduction so the item may sit at that price for a few weeks to convince buyers you are serious about not going any lower. Just a theory...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread