How much are you selling your scrap gold for?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold as jewelry will usually always sell for a premium. You have to wait for the right buyer though.

You get a lot of low balls in the process as well! But this one was picked it up as soon as i listed it for that. Maybe should have weighted, but everyone else's offer was $50-$30 under melt. Another one I listed today I got an offer that was $30 above spot. But it's too nice to sell it for that low so I countered him and we will see if he buys it. If not It can sit up there it's already sat in my dresser for probably 10 years what's another couple months!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the next one on the chopping block. It was a dollar and needs to get repaired but is 17 g 14k. I needed money for something I gave a lot of gold jewelry and coins to my mom for the loan. But if I can pay her back by Christmas I will get a lot more back and I have now. So basically when I pay her back I get the jewelry and coins back as well.

image-3812938179.jpg

But I am headed to get this one fixed now.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After selling scrap gold on eBay I just sent them 10 grams this week. So I'll see how that goes~ I'm in a position to get a decent amount. But I always want to hoard it. It's tough being a new family at the moment. My paycheck wouldn't even cover daycare for the month. Finding a job in my trade without traveling all over the state wasn't worth it either. I may pick up 2nd shift somewhere for awhile. But I'm hoping ARA works out- i don't want to sell, but it's hard to keep it all at this point in my life.

I have had mixed feelings about ARA.... Be sure to send in only the same Karat of gold, so you'll know what they base their payout on. If you can test it and weigh it, and know what to expect, I hope you'll post your results from them, good or bad.

The next time I send ARA gold items, I will cut everything possible in to two parts and make two equal halves that are photo verified weights and gold content. One half will be sent to them, one will be sent to an out of state competitor.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Midwest Refinery has always been good to me.
I believe they pay 95%, but it's been awhile.
Carl

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using them for quite awhile, but I think they want a business license for new customers. The patriot act changed how gold is handled today.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NTR metals pays 98%, no assay fee, usually takes 20 mins. and you're out of there with a check
I second that. I can drive their during lunch time, drop it off, eat my lunch and go pick up my check. I almost always get a bit more than expected.

ARA in TX has always been good to me also. But then I found out about NTR. I save on shipping charges and worry about a package getting "lost" They bend over backwards to be helpful.

Last edited:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
ARA wants a business license or some other proof of being in business(EIN?, sales tax number?) from new customers. Thier website has an application with the requirements. Pretty sure that was put in place within the last couple years. No idea on the other 2. I have been considering trying NTR as there is one about 90 minutes from me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread