diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share my uranium glass finds from the weekend (and one vaseline funnel). All from the same sale. I went there Saturday and became overwhelmed at the amount of stuff there. Left with a box full of stuff for $100. Went back on Sunday because she said the prices would be cheaper. Cherry picked the better stuff. Ended up leaving with 2 plastic tubs of stuff. Got about $150 in the pieces I have below. I ended up spending a total of $300 on everything I bought over the 2 days. Most of which is not pictured. I have a set of 7 Cambridge Rose Point water goblets (not pictured). I should be able to recoup that between those and the set of refrigerator dishes.

DSC08278.jpg DSC08277.jpg DSC08274.jpg

I have to research this Mason jar, I know some of the green ones can go for good money. I think this is a medium green though versus an olive green. Unsure.

DSC08280.jpg

CWS

Jul 5, 2012
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you bring a uv light with you? I bought some of this stuff and found out later it wasn't authentic...

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you bring a uv light with you? I bought some of this stuff and found out later it wasn't authentic...
I have one. I even had it in my truck but I didn't bring it in with me. I'm no expert but i'm not a novice either and after you've handled as much glass as I have, you can usually tell the new stuff from the old. Most of these pieces are a no brainer anyway. I've owned and sold probably half of these same pieces before. I even have a Hoosier cookie jar (with a red lid though) sitting on my kitchen counter that we use daily.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff ! I really like that electric mixer ! Looks like it could use a paint job :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff ! I really like that electric mixer ! Looks like it could use a paint job :laughing7:
Yes, it could use some magic by mojjax!

So far i've found out that the mason jar dates from 1910-1923. Still unsure of the color.

Last edited:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it could use some magic by mojjax!

So far i've found out that the mason jar dates from 1910-1923. Still unsure of the color.
I'm leaning towards a green amber color now since it looks to have an amber type hue to it looking at it outside in the natural light.:dontknow:

Great collection.

When researching the glass to look for while building your own solar panels, I learned that the greener the glass, the higher the iron content. (Solar panel glass needs to be crystal-clear.)

I was wondering if you ever run across glassware by STEINER (1910) by the name of "Chicken wire" Honeycomb or officially "Sawtoothed Honeycomb"? It comes in clear, gold sawtooth highlights, and in ruby flash red with gold trim.... The clear version is my grandmother's pattern of a glass pitcher we received.

PM me if you ever do, I'd like to get a few more pieces to go with the old pitcher.

Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• Sawtoothed Honeycomb Jug Pitcher from Grandmother & Mom.jpg
    Sawtoothed Honeycomb Jug Pitcher from Grandmother & Mom.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 105

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONE more pic of Sawtooth Honeycomb

Attachments

• sawtooth honeycomb spooner.jpg
    sawtooth honeycomb spooner.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 124

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get excited when I find one piece. I like the ladle, salt and pepper caddy, and the funnel are very cool finds. My favorite is the bowl, frog and trumpet. I think you did really well with that. I would love to have found that.

I think you can tell from the color too but I wouldn't have picked up the darker green colored salt and pepper. Thats a big haul. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great collection.

When researching the glass to look for while building your own solar panels, I learned that the greener the glass, the higher the iron content. (Solar panel glass needs to be crystal-clear.)

I was wondering if you ever run across glassware by STEINER (1910) by the name of "Chicken wire" Honeycomb or officially "Sawtoothed Honeycomb"? It comes in clear, gold sawtooth highlights, and in ruby flash red with gold trim.... The clear version is my grandmother's pattern of a glass pitcher we received.

PM me if you ever do, I'd like to get a few more pieces to go with the old pitcher.

Thanks,
Bill
I wish I could find a big stash of Sawtoothed Honeycomb Bill. It's a pretty hard to find pattern. Only produced for 5 -10 years, like 100 years ago. The photo of your pitcher looks very unassuming until you enlarge it a few times. It really is a beautiful pattern up close and that's a nice piece probably worth a couple hundred. I've read about it in the past but I have never physically seen any. It's Steimer btw with an M.

I get excited when I find one piece. I like the ladle, salt and pepper caddy, and the funnel are very cool finds. My favorite is the bowl, frog and trumpet. I think you did really well with that. I would love to have found that.

I think you can tell from the color too but I wouldn't have picked up the darker green colored salt and pepper. Thats a big haul. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I found the frog and trumpet and it fit well in the bowl so I put it in there. The dark green is Forest Green depression glass by Owens-Illinois they are referred to as Hoosier shakers.Not worth as much as they used to be but then none of this stuff is, still good for $10-$20 each. I literally left hundreds of pieces of the uranium behind because I just can't handle that kind if volume. I bought too much as it is. I felt like a kid in a candy store. She was trying hard to get me to take it all. Not to mention the dozens of Fiesta pieces and other assorted stuff.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!
I am always looking for it. Never at yardsales, only two glasses/goblets at GW, and only high priced ones at flea markets.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad thing is there is not really high dollar stuff here. At least not as individual pieces. Yeah, I'm gonna make some money off of it but there is a lot of work involved to do so. I just ordered 2 bags of packing peanuts and several hundred feet of bubble wrap so I will be able to package this stuff properly when I start listing it. I'm sure i'll end up selling enough to recoup my monies and the rest will sit in a box in storage like most of my stuff does. As long as my house doesn't look like an episode of hoarders, i'll be okay. Still haven't been able to have my yardsale yet. As stuff keeps piling up.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty random collection. Looks like someone was collecting and picking up what they came across over time. I believe these were hot to collect in the late 1980's to mid 1990's?... A friend of my wife's collected all she could find in just clear green glass. She didn't even know that some were old and would glow under a black light, until I told her. She was most amazed with her green glass collection in her china cabinet after that.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty random collection. Looks like someone was collecting and picking up what they came across over time. I believe these were hot to collect in the late 1980's to mid 1990's?... A friend of my wife's collected all she could find in just clear green glass. She didn't even know that some were old and would glow under a black light, until I told her. She was most amazed with her green glass collection in her china cabinet after that.
These are my random picks. This lady had many many plates, saucers, bowls and god knows what else before I got there. Her collection was far from random. Like I said there were literally hundreds of pieces still sitting there after I left (on the second day).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread