Old Fishing Tackle

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored a big box of vintage fishing suff at an estate sale. It cost me $20. Three lures had price tags on them like they tried selling them one at a time. Two hed $20 tags and one had a $30 tag. The box was full of lures and other tackle. Some lures looked pretty old but didn't have any writing on them so I have no idea of their value. Still, neat stuff!! There was more than in these pictures including a bunch of various hooks, small spinner baits and weights but I put those away already.

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 169
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 147
  • fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 141

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been meaning to raid the Mr's old tackle boxes! :laughing7:

He'd probably have a fit, if he seen me selling his lures, vs him letting some ole fish eat them! :laughing7:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig, I didn't know it was a bacon can. It has some gun cleaning brushes in it.
Pat, what you got? I won't tell. :)

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! PB, I think most of his came from Walmart or Kmart, LOL! Plus, I'd hafta fight my way into a shed. LOL!
They probably just ole cheap things, anyway....... I'll keep you in mind if/when I venture in to shed territory. :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great score Packerbacker. The flat fish in box is sweet.Mud bug there too, the minnows if rapala are winners but storms are fine also and run around five bucks and the rapala a buck or so more than them with larger sizes going beyond that of course..Jitter bugs run around six bucks,helins flat fish are collectible now despite catching fish,(why I have no more) so you did good to have boxed to boot.. Wordens flatfish sell today with single treble hooked ones above five bucks.I,d go on but you made out like a bandit. Congrats!
Can,t tell if the diving device is a pink lady relative but they are still usable though feel like a small door on line till tripped. L.o.l..

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the time I use my fishing gear again it'll be antique at the rate i'm going.
LOL! I think that's what happens to the Mr's. :laughing7:

I got some old lobster catching gear, if anybody is interested. :icon_scratch:
Nets with holes, a ripped dive flag, and some old stretched out smelly lobster gloves. Any takers? :laughing7: :tongue3:

montanatramp

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2011
Whitefish, Montana
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored a big box of vintage fishing suff at an estate sale. It cost me $20. Three lures had price tags on them like they tried selling them one at a time. Two hed $20 tags and one had a $30 tag. The box was full of lures and other tackle. Some lures looked pretty old but didn't have any writing on them so I have no idea of their value. Still, neat stuff!! There was more than in these pictures including a bunch of various hooks, small spinner baits and weights but I put those away already.

Nice find! You will do well on the two New In The Box Storm 'Big Macs'...........

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments all. Dig, you live near the ocean and don't fish often? That's a crime!
revelent, that diver is a "Deep 6 No.1". We still use those for trolling. You're right about the resistance until tripped but we keep the rod in the holder.
I know some of these are fairly old but I can't identify what they are. They all look pretty similar to each other. Even got a pink, Rapala-looking lure with "Round Table Pizza" printed on it but can't find any on the net. It's amazing how many variations and colors of lures there are even in this little collection.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, you got a great score! Is there anyway you can take a picture of the ones in the cigar box out? It looks like there is a punkinseed in there. That will bring you a profit plus pay for your box. Other than that the big macs in box are about $20 each, the white jitterbug with the white ribs (called white herringbone) is worth probably $20-$65. I would put it at $35 or so auction. If you can spread the lures out and get better pictures, that would help me tell you more. You'll turn a good chunk off of this lot. Don't sell until you know what they are worth more. I can help with that. :thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments all. Dig, you live near the ocean and don't fish often? That's a crime!
I used to fish at least once a month. Lately, i've been getting skin cancers removed on a monthly basis instead. The sun and I don't play well together. I guess I should do some night fishing though, if I could stay awake past 10 o'clock at night. God, I sound like an old man and I'm not even 50 yet, lol.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, you got a great score! Is there anyway you can take a picture of the ones in the cigar box out? It looks like there is a punkinseed in there. That will bring you a profit plus pay for your box. Other than that the big macs in box are about $20 each, the white jitterbug with the white ribs (called white herringbone) is worth probably $20-$65. I would put it at $35 or so auction. If you can spread the lures out and get better pictures, that would help me tell you more. You'll turn a good chunk off of this lot. Don't sell until you know what they are worth more. I can help with that. :thumbsup:
Agreed - please take some photos of the ones in the box. Sometimes common lures in uncommon colors are worth MUCH MUCH more!!

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope this helps bassmaster. There was a lot more in the box and, since I got this one, I bought another box at the same place that was full of fly fishing stuff. It had a fly tying vise, a bunch of flies, fly line, leader boxes, feathers, thread etc., etc.. I also bought a couple heavy duty, wooden fishing rods and another rod with pulleys for eyes. Two of the rods had reels; one of them was a pflueger bait caster. I think I'm putting that on the pullyed rod and try it out on some salmon just for old times sake. :)
Click on the pic to enlarge it.

Attachments

• lures1.jpg
    lures1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 86
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little different view. Yes, that one is a "Punkinseed". I guess it's a plastic blugil with cream eyes. Doesn't look like it was ever used.

Attachments

• lures2.jpg
    lures2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice lot of lures you got.. the punkinseed is Great and it looks like a baby vamp is a good one...also the river runts - the white with red dots (strawberry I think) is the best these are all made by Heddon they are some of the best sellers.....This is a great find for the price......Thanks for showing them BillT

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, those pictures did help a lot. That punkinseed will probably surprise you. It may bring $100+, just depending on how your auction goes. A great lure for sure. I'm pretty sure bilt46 is right on the river runt just above the hula popper. It is either strawberry or clown, I think strawberry. That one will probably go $30-$50 assuming it is wood and marked. The baby vamp will probably go $10-$30 I figure, maybe more. The fly fishing stuff does sell pretty good, I just don't mess with it much fishing wise. What did you give for that other stuff if you don't mind me asking. Assuming by the price of the hardbaits, I'm sure it wasn't much. Again, you got one of the best deals I have saw in a while. Have you listed any of them, or are you planning on selling on eBay or what? I'll help you with titles and stuff if you need it. I buy/sell lures all the time. If you can find more names on them, let me know. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread