tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morn I had to get up early and run to the mountains, so it was 9:AM when I swung by an ARC store back here in the city. It was a busy opening time for the sales on 4 color tags day. I see these cuffs for 12.99 and the color tag is yellow. I didn't even need to see the mark, as I know this Mexican silver smith by the design and style of his work... Dang! yellow is not one of the 4 colors on the big screen monitor this day. Oh well! I'll pay the full price with tax and it all come to a bit over 14 bucks. I got home and checked the Bay completed sales and see a pretty much identical pair had sold for a 100 bucks. Funny thing was I was just talking on the phone with a fellow TN member, I've connected with some and maybe I got an extra boost of treasure finding vibes :dontknow:

Attachments

• cuffs 1.jpg
    cuffs 1.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 136
  • cuffs 2.jpg
    cuffs 2.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 124

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so jealous. That maker is highly coveted! I would list at $199.95 BIN or best offer. Best cufflinks I have seen in a long time.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...really nice looking cufflinks. Nice find. Who was is the silversmith?
Los Castillo is a Taxco silver / metal smith of jewelry and other artistic metal pieces. You find much of the pieces made with a mix variety of nickel-silver, sterling, brass & copper. along with precious and semi precious stones and enamels. They produced a large amount of hand wrought decorative metal pieces and jewelry. It's is some what rare to find their pieces in antique shops and thrift stores for cheap, but they do come around from time to time. I've found other good Taxco Mexican pieces before. One Antonio Pineda pair of sterling and onyx earrings and two items made by William Spratling that was a sterling dinner bell with wood handle and a small sterling candy dish with wood legs. I only purchased them as they were over looked items and not known to the sellers and thus sold for a small amount of cash to me.
link to Los Castillo info
LOS CASTILLO .::. Taxco :: Guerrero :: Mexico

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are really cool, and are an fantastic buy. I am not real familiar with the maker, but think I have heard of them.

:thumbsup: Awesome Vibes! Must have been those mountain states phone waves?

Last edited:

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009
Those are a great find!!!.......I scored big on a Hector Aguilar ring in a lot of silver jewelry I bought as "scrap" a few years ago....One of my best flips ever! :)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are a great find!!!.......I scored big on a Hector Aguilar ring in a lot of silver jewelry I bought as "scrap" a few years ago....One of my best flips ever! :)
There are for sure some names you need to know and look for when it comes to old Mexican silver. The new stuff I will only buy if the scrap value is at or under spot price value or if it's a well made and nice looking piece and that I'll pay over spot also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread