Learned it from mom and grandma!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger I never thought that my mom and grandmother going to yard sales was something I would do when I was older. Not to mention make a living off of it. Everything my grandmother bought was from yard sales and pretty much same with my mom growing up.

Well I called her at 10 o'clock today and asked her if she went out and found anything. She said no because it been raining all day but there was one indoors one and she was going to go check it out with my dad. And I'm pretty sure she is glad she went because She got there at 11 and not too much of it had been sold at all.

Needless to say I asked her if I could have one for a birthday present coming up in September!

image-3495898229.jpg

image-1194154804.jpg

image-4225877190.jpg

image-1441770124.jpg

2 sterling silver plates for five dollars! And also a Yamaha trumpet for 20! And then she went home!

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for these. Sounds just like me growing up. That's how I learned most if what I know today. Thrift stores and yard sales from mom. Fishing, deer hunting and mushroom hunting from dad.

Add it all up - today I still enjoy a good day of fishing with my family, but it's fishing/hunting for deals that really excite me. I've been wanting to go Morel hunting for some time now, but they aren't as easy to find in my area as where I grew up.

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I've been wanting to go Morel hunting for some time now, but they aren't as easy to find in my area as where I grew up.

Ash trees!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread