Screws and Nails

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
I had an idea for a thread that could help us all out. I ALWAYS see screws and nails for sale. What should we be buying? I'll start. The below pictured box of brass saw handle nuts/bolts sold for over $20. I picked it up for 25 cents:

atkins.JPG

How about you? What bolts/screws/nuts/washers/nails/staples/etc. have you made money on?

Thanks for looking,
Kevo

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy them for the purpose of repurposing things, restorations and such. Older the better and most times they are super cheap but like gold to me. Old electrical fixtures,switches, plugs are also good to find...

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got these at a church tag sale . 18 boxes of upholstery tacks for $3.00

Attachments

• apolsrty 002.jpg
    apolsrty 002.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 117

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I had an idea for a thread that could help us all out. I ALWAYS see screws and nails for sale. What should we be buying? I'll start. The below pictured box of brass saw handle nuts/bolts sold for over $20. I picked it up for 25 cents:

View attachment 1026776

How about you? What bolts/screws/nuts/washers/nails/staples/etc. have you made money on?

Thanks for looking,
Kevo

Those screws are for an Atkins brand hand saw. Most likely a box of replacement screws, and probably pretty rare. My guess is that these screws would be correct for late manufactured saws, but not the early ones, which would have been brass.

I used to do well with antique hardware back when the economy was booming, but haven't had much luck recently.

FWIW, with common hardware, I dump them into plastic Crystal Light containers, and once they are full, I mark them $1 to $1.50 each, and take them to the flea market. These containers sell well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread