One of those good empty boxes to find & other finds

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got one of those boxes I don't mind finding empty! This vintage 1969 Winchester Model 94 Golden Spike Commemorative repeating carbine 30-30 1869-1969 box, sleeve & all the original paperwork that came inside the box when it was new for free. One recently sold on the bay for $110 Free ship. Great score!

Vintage metal lamp shade (Tole?) ivory & gold accents/trim in excellent A+ condition. Paid $0.50 for it.

Made in U.S.S.R. porcelain hand painted 3 horses pulling sled with a couple in it & a dog running along the side. Silver or silver plate trinket or makeup box with a mirror on the inside top & a decorated porcelain outside top, this ones unmarked. Paid $1 for the pair

Arabia Finland cat pitchers x 2 (these in all green sell consistently for $60 & sometimes even more). Paid $1 each! 2 made in occupied Japan saucers or small plates for $0.25

Alfred Meakin England "Louden" or poppy pattern small platter. Paid $0.25. Cobalt Blue Glass bird signed Ron Ray 1997, paid $0.25.

Logan mat cutter new in packaging. Paid $0.50 (old price tag on it says $37.50). Vintage Wahl Hand-E vibrator for face, scalp & body in excellent condition & in the original box with attachments. Paid. $1. Hilti insulation foam gun, paid $0.50

Cathrineholm teal & stainless steel mid century wine bottle coaster or trinket dish made in Norway (I have had great luck with anything Cathrineholm!) Paid $0.50 for this one & should get $45 out of it. Aluminum pan lid & Hammered aluminum pan lid (at least one is to a Club I believe). Paid $0.25 for the pair. Strange white enamel inside with a satin like enamel outside pot/pan with a nice wood handle. Looks unused, Paid $0.50.

8 different glass collector type books. Paid $1.50 for the lot of 8 books

DSC03616.JPG DSC03618.JPG DSC03619.JPG DSC03620.JPG DSC03621.JPG Untitled-3.jpg DSC03627.JPG DSC03628.JPG Untitled-2.jpg DSC03639.JPG DSC03640.JPG DSC03637.JPG DSC03641.JPG

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the box. Would have been nicer full but empty is still okay in this case. I used to have the Winchester model 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative, it was a very straight shooting gun.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have done really well with the Cathrineholm enamelware. Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew more about lamp shades and lamps prices are all over the place. Nice finds

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...little pot looks like part of a fondue set. Great buys!

Yes I believe you are correct. Found one & they described it as having a chalkboard like outer finish with white enamel interior, It was a complete set made in Japan from the 60's.

Nice find on the box. Would have been nicer full but empty is still okay in this case. I used to have the Winchester model 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative, it was a very straight shooting gun.

Ya Tho my profit margin will be much higher it being the box only at $0.50 & selling at $100+. If the box were full around here it would not have bee priced at a give away price. People don't sell guns cheap around here!

I too have done really well with the Cathrineholm enamelware. Thanks for sharing. I wish I knew more about lamp shades and lamps prices are all over the place. Nice finds

The lamp shade isn't all that special but it is in very nice condition. It's in as good of shape as you will find in this style & age of painted metal shade. Might be worth $20 to $25 tops but I restore + just straight up build a lot of lamps so it's worth having for that reason alone.

steif

Mar 2, 2007
good finds! just keep in mind that it will cost about 25-30 bucks to ship it usps. even though it is empty, the length will make you pay a premium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions