I was tested today at an Estate sale. Did I pass?

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Initially, I was going to write a thread about meager finds after a spectacular two weeks of picking. Feeling like my luck ran out this morning I left to go to my local thrift store and as I turned down the hill, 3 blocks from my house, was an estate sale sign. Normally I avoid them because of high prices and crowds but it was so close I had to go. The neighborhood is an old estate area with multimillion dollar homes.

There weren't many antiques but the place was loaded with many collectables. I befriended the gentleman running the sale and after a lengthy conversation, he said, "it was a pleasure to talk to someone who knows about the business." During the conversation I was able to gain background information about the estate and what she collected. Without exaggeration the woman had over 1,000 RABBITS in all shapes and forms.

My test was to find things they had no idea of the value of.

I found 2 murano rabbits that they quoted me a price of $100 each. They both had murano labels. Searching around I found this

IMG_0657.JPG It has a remnant of the label. Paid $5

A blue volcanic drip glaze vase

IMG_0656.JPG Paid $5

A glazed lidded jar
IMG_0655.JPG Paid $3

An old amphora that appears to have come from a shipwreck
IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0661.JPG paid $10

A pre columbian flute with the remnants of gold leaf on it. I don't think thats its old though.

IMG_0654.JPG Paid $5

And the best thing I found. I believe it is a jade pre columbian carved figure

IMG_0660.JPG paid $7

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,sounds like a doctors estate sale.SCORE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions