Worlds Longest Yardsale-Anyone here attending?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go, get us a report. Maybe I'll make this my vacation next year. Something to do while driving around. Just don't want to have to pull a trailer. :)

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go, get us a report. Maybe I'll make this my vacation next year. Something to do while driving around. Just don't want to have to pull a trailer. :)

Will do. Have yet to decide though, I'll just see how work pans out for me. I'm not an expert on yard sales, so I won't pick up on EVERYTHING that's worthwhile, but I know a few things. :)

Sony the Fox

Jun 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be there! The year before last, I got a lot of good stuff for cheap including sterling, faux scrimshaw, paperweights, and a signed Roy Rogers poster! The deals are there if you look for them.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done the Worlds longest yardsale before. But it ended in Ky. when I went. We covered the entire route starting from Alabama heading north. I reserved hotel rooms several months in advance. We would travel a predetermined distance everyday and end somewhere close to our hotel/motel.The vast majority of things are all overpriced. You can find some good deals, but you better know what your looking at/for. I will go again. Not this year though. Hopefully next year. I'd like to set up a stand of my own and sell there to be honest with you. But then I wouldn't be able to do any hunting myself so.... scratch that thought.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I went many years ago, and didn't buy a thing. Prices were INSANE.

I'll never forget looking at a Champion blacksmith blower. The guy wouldn't budge on his $200 price tag. Those were selling for $65 to $90 on ebay at the time. Everything that I looked at was priced that way, and some of it was even more absurd.

My folks went a few years ago, and had a good time, but they don't resell.

I was thinking about going this year, just to get out of the house for a few days. My mother's health turned extremely bad, so those plans are now over.

When I went many years ago, we did not have hotel reservations, and had to drive 80 miles to find a hotel. Yes, 80 miles.

Last edited:

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may hit a portion of it in Michigan. I don't like the sound of those insane prices though.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a smaller one here in Arkansas and while there are deals, the heat is BRUTAL!!!

steif

Mar 2, 2007
I do outdoor markets all the time, and I have several guys that just buy all year long for this one sale. They are lucky enough to live on the road, and one claimed he made 18k in the weekend it started.. I know most things are a bunch of bull when it comes to dealers bragging on how much they made, but I think this guy was telling the truth...lol.

garagesaleaddict

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am thinking about going to this. I live on the border between indiana and ohio so it would be an easy drive.

spankster13

Apr 11, 2007
West By God Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DI5900
We have the rt 11 yard crawl in Wv- Va on August 9th. Its every year. I've done it myself the last 3 years starting in 3 differant spots. There are so many sales I have never been able to go more than 15 miles. Its right thru historic Civil War country with lots of antiques. Usuall stop has 5-10 differant sales. Route 11 Yard Crawl | Tourism hope this link works. Prices are fair to good as long as you have done your homework.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread