diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't noticed. I have many pieces of Mexican silver jewelry with partial or hard to read stamps. I'd be more wary of a too clean and crisp mark myself. I know they make fake Mexcan sterling just as they make fake everything nowadays but I don't think it is as prevalent as you think though. At least not in my neck of the woods. Out in the southwestern region of the country it may be more widespread than my area, I don't know. All I do know is, I have found many more fake Italy marked pieces or China marked pieces than anything else. I have only found one bad piece of Mexican sterling in the hundreds of pieces I've ownded or handled..

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
I've only found one fake china peice almost every time I've gotten a Mexico marked piece that was only partial it's been fake, it might just be that those are the counterfeits that are make the rounds here in kansas at the moment

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the counterfeit jewelry I find is marked Italy, occasionally though I will find a Mexican piece that is counterfeit even though the majority of the silver jewelry that I find is Mexican which is common here west of the Rockies.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I rarely find a piece from China that is real! I've had a 10K fake ring (which was a HUGE disappointment). A couple from Italy, never from Mexico.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread