mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some of my finds:

1950's Lafayette Sprinkler - $5
ForumRunner_20140802_190759.png

Fishing Lures -$5 Don't know if there is anything good in there.
ForumRunner_20140802_190928.png

There was a bunch of artwork packed up and hiding in the garage. There must have been thirty lithographs total. I bought 6 signed and numbered lithographs. Guy was an old art dealer that was moving out of his house quick for medical reasons. Talked him up for an hour and was a really nice guy. Both of us are from Boston and played golf. I think he saw a younger self in me. He sold me them all for $18

Jim Jonson
ForumRunner_20140802_191012.png

John Hultberg
ForumRunner_20140802_191106.png

I need help with this artist. I got two different ones.
View attachment 1032512

ForumRunner_20140802_191219.png

Other artists are Vic Herman and Rockwell Smith. I am really tempted to try and go back and get the rest.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140802_191311.png
    ForumRunner_20140802_191311.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 75

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picks! More artists for me to research...Love the old sprinklers too!

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some research on a couple of the artists. The John Hultberg lithographs are listed on ebay for $600 but no sold listings. There is a unused postcard of hid that sold for about $50. Thinking about listing it for $300-$400 and see what happens. His lithographs in galleries are listed at $1500.

Jim Jonson seems to be a sports painter that has done work with the Olympics. Probably list at $150-$250

I'm still trying to find out who the artist is of the grey shape lithographs. I have a feeling I have seen the artist before but the signature is a complete mystery.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did pretty good on the fishing lures. The 2 on the far right are called mirrolures. Probably $5 each or so. The Excalibur pop n image looks pretty dirty, but they normally go about $5 or so at the lowest. The 3 rapalas, assuming there is no damage (the bill is bad to break off or crack), probably $3-5 each. Then the silver one at about 10 o'clock may be a yo zuri. If it is, it would probably go about $7 or so. None of these are worth less than $3 each (hardbaits anyway). And then you've still got the box they are in ($3 or so), and some soft plastics, sinkers, and a spinnerbait to fish with. :thumbsup: As a lot, that box would probably sell at $25-$30 on eBay, assuming there is no damage or that none of them are knock-offs. Nice buy!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still trying to find out who the artist is of the grey shape lithographs. I have a feeling I have seen the artist before but the signature is a complete mystery.
That signature is upside down isn't it?

I only went to a few local sales this past weekend. All the good ones were in SW Miami and I didn't want to drive down that far. Not too many decent ones in South Broward area.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Digg, yes it is upside down. I would love to get your help with id. Think you could run an image search for me?

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I keep joking it looks like Ulysses but seems to be more like Chrissy. I went down to the Plantation/Sunrise area instead of my usual Coral Spring/Tamarac area.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Bassmaster96. I was hoping you were going to come by and help me out on the lures.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the house that I bought the six lithographs from and they weren't having a sale as they said they would be. So I rang the doorbell not wanting to leave the other lithographs behind. The old man opens the door in his underwear and I quickly explain to him that I was at the sale last week. He said that they moved the closing on the house a week so they didnt have time for another sale. He let me in for the remaining lithographs and I was able to get 10 more for $20. I got a total of 16 signed and numbered pieces for $38. I will post artist and pictures when I get a chance.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had time to post pics and artists yet but did figure out the one I couldn't identify that looked like Ulysses. The artist is Chryssa and found a sold list for $135+shipping. I have two so that is atleast $250 right there back on the $38 I spent for all 16 pieces.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Digg, yes it is upside down. I would love to get your help with id. Think you could run an image search for me?
Art is by far my weakest area. Signatures can be very problematic.My hats off to you for finding it because I had no luck, hence the lack of response.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a link on another post for an artist search using first three letters of artists name. Used that database to locate artist. (thanks to whoever posted that link)

I actually called an art dealer yesterday about them but he personally only buys originals. Gave me some info and leads on where to sell. I would like to sell the whole lot if I can. I will be extremely reasonable, understanding the art world and galleries needing to make money.

I think when it is all said and done, I can stand to make atleast $1000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread