Help with unusual unmarked sterling & brass pendant, and some other recent finds.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a scrap silver lot on eBay primarily for two of the pieces in it and am pleased with them but at a loss with one of them. Abstract/modernist pendant in sterling and brass, no signature anywhere that I can find. To me it looks like a water strider, or an anatomical diagram of a heart, everything else in the lot was heavily southwest influenced but I'm just not sure about this. I don't even necessarily want to sell it, just find out what it is and where it came from if possible.
IMG_20140808_200221.jpg IMG_20140808_200253.jpg

Next up some rings, front left: two brand-new looking sterling rings from an Elks rummage sale, one with a flat enameled top and an odd squared-off one that has a maker's mark I can't make out. If anyone recognizes either feel free to chime in, selling those for sure. Front right: two flea market finds, the turquoise in the one ring is a really unusual dark/rich color that I haven't seen before and the band is thick and well-made, no marks on either of these. In back: the other thing I bought that eBay scrap lot for, a really gorgeous sterling ring, no identifiable markings, in need of a new stone. I need to get it sized up and replace the rock (not sure which way I want to go with that) but it reminds me sooooooo much of this incredible Boyd Tsosie cuff bracelet I've been watching forever now ( Boyd Tsosie Navajo Sterling Silver Vintage Turquoise Gold Ore Cuff Bracelet | eBay ) and that's not happening any time soon.
IMG_20140808_201258.jpg IMG_20140808_201315.jpg

Last but not least, a really neat scorpion shadowbox-style pendant that my grandma picked for me (!) at the thrift shop she volunteers at, and some nice Danish silver. Got the Meka brooch with a bunch of other stuff at the flea for $20 and found the bracelet w/charm for myself on eBay for $1. I lovelovelove the link style, and the charm is an homage to the Little Mermaid statue in Copenhagen and minty/super detailed.
IMG_20140808_201415.jpg IMG_20140808_201438.jpg IMG_20140808_201532.jpg IMG_20140808_201540.jpg

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm no expert on stones but once had a person show me a ring with a similar looking green stone and they claimed it was a low grade emerald.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it is Royston turquoise (because of the "marbling" of colors). The handmade piece is interesting but I can't make anything out of it except "art" :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread