diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good weekend. First estate sale was scheduled at 8 so I got there at 7. Guy was unloading some of his own stuff out of his truck to bring in the house. Said he wasn't letting anyone in till 8. Drove around the corner to the yard sale I passed by and found A cool sailboat themed Ohio Thermometer Co. Original Jumbo Dial thermometer and the Desert Camping water bag. Got the pair for $7.

DSC08730.jpg

Went back to the estate sale and waited for the guy to open up. To my amazement, no one else showed up before he let us in so we had the place to ourselves! Yay! As I walked in the first thing I saw was a small table full of little bagged up jewelry items. So I started looking and noticed there was a bunch of sterling mixed in. I started cherry picking anything that looked like it might be sterling, plus the obvious ones that weren't, the pink coral necklace, the disney pirate sandals and the blue necklace. I think I did pretty good with picking at a glance. Everything except the Lucerne (Swiss) watch is sterling or 835 marked (cameos) except the few things on the right hand side of the 1st and 3rd photo. I ended up with this, notice the prices-

DSC08715.jpg DSC08716.jpg DSC08717.jpg

Mixed in the lot I found a nice little score. A Judith Ripka Diamonique ring just like this one- Authentic Judith Ripka Diamonique CZ Sterling Silver Ring Size 9 Retired QVC | eBay

DSC08723.jpg

Also scored a cool Fostoria Amber coin glass oil lamp with Opalescent globe for $3

DSC08671.jpg

Then I made my way to the bedroom and saw a table full of perfumes. These prices were the best yet!

DSC08731.jpg

And look at the names on these perfumes!

DSC08734.jpg DSC08735.jpg

Last but not least was 30+ pieces of etched Fostoria in the hard to find Oriental pattern. This pattern was only produced from 1918 until around 1925 I believe. I paid $25 for the lot. I only took a picture of the pitcher, which is rare to find with the lid still intact. The rest is wrapped up in boxes. I have water goblets, cordials, sherberts, saucers (underplates for the sherberts), and a couple other odd ball pieces.

DSC08745.jpg DSC08747.jpg

A great weekend round up! Thanks for looking! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like a kid in a candy store! Great buys and a very nice return coming on those items.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing -
thanks to to you ... I'm on the lookout for perfume . Nice stuff !

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Some people have a bucket list reading something like:

Visit Paris, France.
Take a month long cruise to Europe
Hike the 10 tallest mountains in the US
Buy and restore an old Ford Model A

My bucket list?

I just want to go picking with you, dig, for a week.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the Fostoria lamp! Never seen one for sale locally at a sale or an auction! The chimney is awesome!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Great scores, Diggs!
May I bore you with my weekend estate sale visit? High end house in high end neighborhood, beautiful reproduction artwork at original artwork prices. Box of 5 opened and picked through 1990-1991 Bowman and Score baseball cards sets - $500.00 for the entire box. Lady says, "If they're still here on Sunday it will be half-off!!"

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people have a bucket list reading something like:

Visit Paris, France.
Take a month long cruise to Europe
Hike the 10 tallest mountains in the US
Buy and restore an old Ford Model A

My bucket list?

I just want to go picking with you, dig, for a week.
:notworthy: It'd be my luck that if you did, it would be a bad week and neither of us would find anything, lol. Some weeks are like that.

Nice score on the Fostoria lamp! Never seen one for sale locally at a sale or an auction! The chimney is awesome!
It's the first one I've seen. I only knew it was Fostoria because of the coin base.

Great scores, Diggs!
May I bore you with my weekend estate sale visit? High end house in high end neighborhood, beautiful reproduction artwork at original artwork prices. Box of 5 opened and picked through 1990-1991 Bowman and Score baseball cards sets - $500.00 for the entire box. Lady says, "If they're still here on Sunday it will be half-off!!"
I gave you a like on your reply but I don't really like the sound of it. That's just sad, where do they come from? Some people live in a fantasy world. This was a company or just a homeowner that's been watching too many episodes of the Antiques Roadshow? Some people think that just because it's in a "good" part of town that they can charge crazy prices. Reminds me of the GW thrift I went to in Palm Beach a couple weeks ago. They wanted $18 and $22 for Tommy Bahama shirts and $45 for a regular little sterling ring with some crushed turquiose that weighed maybe 5 grams, tops.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever get down to the Homestead area, there is a store down there with tons of Tommy Bahama shirts and others. I think they were 2.99. I didn't pick them up because I don't do cloths on ebay except the occasional jacket or boots. PM me if you are ever going down to that area.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever get down to the Homestead area, there is a store down there with tons of Tommy Bahama shirts and others. I think they were 2.99. I didn't pick them up because I don't do cloths on ebay except the occasional jacket or boots. PM me if you are ever going down to that area.
Yeah, I don't really do clothes, but I will buy something if it's vintage or collectible enough (like today). I only mentioned the Tommy Bahama shirts because after looking through everything else, I went looking for a shirt or two (yes I wear thrift store clothes). Those were some of the few that were my 2x size.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Great finds.I always look for perfume and cologne. You will do VERY well on them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions