My best $2 buy in many months.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Last day at an estate sale. I got so many great tools. Filled up a few 5 gallon buckets and got a killer deal. I was going to leave and saw they had stuff in the back yard. I walk into the shed and my heart skipped a beat when I saw this in the OPEN where everybody walked buy it for 3 days. I grabbed it and some files and asked how much for the radio. She said " I didn't think anyone was going to buy that old car radio, how about two dollars?" Thank you. 1967 Impala/Chevelle am/fm radio.

Attachments

• 20140817_184640.jpeg
    20140817_184640.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 136

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Find ! Nice Price !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Am. picker, Mike Wolf would say there probably someone out there right now who's restoring a 67' Chevelle just wishing to find that original radio that was replaced with a later cassette player.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it an 8 track player? Does it work? Seems the price is all over the place on these radios. Some sell for $15 & some sell for a whole lot more. I think $406 was the highest price on a sold one I saw & it was an 8 track too.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I often see old car radios, however I am never able to find any marks that would identify the make and model of the car it belongs. Is this a situation where you have to be familiar with parts and such? Also if I bought it I am not even sure I would know how to test to see if it is working. Do these sell working or not? I know some have value but hate to waste a lot of money finding the ones that have value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread