tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little guy in all the nik-nak crap at the thrift store last night. I knew it had to be special when I saw it, so I look for a signature. I see what I thought was Sweden and that would make sense, being Swedish glass, such as, Orrefors or Kosta Boda. I look a bit closer and see the name "Steuben". Yes that's it. It doesn't have a Steuben box or bag, but it's worth more then the 99 cents they wanted for it.... It is a Gem in the Junk.

Attachments

• steub cat.jpg
    steub cat.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 87

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love little kitty's! LOL!
That's a lot better than the last cat I found online. :laughing7:

catornament.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love little kitty's! LOL!
That's a lot better than the last cat I found online. :laughing7:

View attachment 1040938
I like that shell kitty. What a clever idea. Wish my girls were still little. If I was to create that before their eyes they'd just think there's no end to Dads awesomeness. Now days My oldest just broke up with a law graduate who drinks to much for the fourth or is it the fifth time now??. The middle girl has a boy friend who leaves his Kawasaki Ninja in my parking spot all the time, but, that's no big, as I do like him and the little one has a man on duty in Afghanistan now. To me he's the winner out of the other two.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had someone pm me last night wanting to know if I have those cat shells. It was just a pic I found on-line and saved.
Looks like I may need to go to the shell store and get to working on cat shells, too. :laughing7:
I actually thought you had a Lladro or Lalique(sp?) glass cat. I guess we can agree, they're both cute. LOL.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your on to something. If you could find the right shells, you could assemble a make your own kitty cat ornament kit. Great for the up and coming holiday season activities. I can see making a Thanksgiving turkey out of shells also. I'm thinking over the Easter Bunny also. How would he go together with seashell??

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best sales was a $5 Steuben paperweight. I had to go to the library that had a Steuben book to look up the model. It sold for $250. I've been on the hunt since then. Great find

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my best sales was a $5 Steuben paperweight. I had to go to the library that had a Steuben book to look up the model. It sold for $250. I've been on the hunt since then. Great find
This one I hope to get maybe $45, $50 out of?. Great to find these type items in the 99 cent stuff, so don't overlook that aisle of a ts, folks. I've found good smalls in those locations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread