tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! palidin, Your post made me think... Did I, or did I not, sell some pieces of Volmer Bahner from my inventory??... Nope! I still have them. I was thinking I was going to sell these just before Christmas maybe 3 years ago?? Well maybe I'll let them go this season :dontknow:. I forgot these were in my stock. These kind of things are getting more rare to come by at the thrift stores. They still do come up, but not as much I'd say 20 years ago. Scandinavian jewelry is at the top of my list of pieces to hopefully spot for a deal when I'm on the hunt. Good score on the butterfly, collectors just can't get enough of those wonderfully made little bugs. Mine is a little light on the enameling and that should effect the value, but it isn't due to any outside damage. I recall I paid very little for it. I believe I've got $12. or $15. on the pin and earring suite.

Attachments

• VB 1.jpg
    VB 1.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 94
  • VB 2.jpg
    VB 2.jpg
    949.4 KB · Views: 105

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pin and earrings sell well

Volmer Bahner Sterling Silver Green Guilloche Boxed Set Earrings Necklace Pin | eBay

Too bad you don't have the necklace as well
Indeed I wasn't sure this set had a necklace. Well then, I'll just need to hope someones out there with just the necklace wishing for the other parts to make it a suite. I could keep my eye out for just a necklace on ebay, but I'm sure it won't go cheap. Scandinavian necklaces sell high. I sold a G. Jensen necklace I paid around $225. for and got $1295. out of it this last winter I think it was. I did post the Jensen find on this forum. I could have maybe held out for more, but it was time for new tires on the truck, so I just went for a quick B.N.

Last edited:
OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold it for $45 shipped to Australia. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread