Do you have any silver?

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I feel a bit guilty about this one. Last week I went to a garage sale. The man said that his mom had recently passed away and he was trying to get some funds together to help with funeral expenses. I asked about any silver... He said he had some old silver. He brought these out and asked for $125.. I ended up paying $115 for them. I sold them both on ebay and got just over $500(sold seperatly). I wish I had made the auction last a week.. I'm sure that I could have gotten more... But I'd prefer to have that money now to invest instead of having to wait a week.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 202
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 199

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Nice score. Don't feel guilty, the guy was probably happy that he got that much for them. He actually probably got lucky cause most people would have put them out on a table for a dollar or two.

Happy Hunting!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are pretty cool did they have a name on them at all ? I have never even seen anything like that before! Nice find!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those would have been hard for me to let go if I got the same deal you did. Beautiful Score though.

OP
OP
B

blacksheep4289

Aug 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are pretty cool did they have a name on them at all ? I have never even seen anything like that before! Nice find!

They were marked 800 Italy.. Nothing else. They were pretty cool looking but my wife didn't like them enough to keep them around.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes I agree with tamrock I dunno if I could have sold those! Those would have prolly went in my treasure chest with many other silver & gold treasures I put away for the future!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do believe in keeping a secret stash on these type things. I like keeping easy to sell and easy to pawn stuff around here and there, but never in the same place. Still getting 500 each out of those is a winner in my book. They are just so beautiful and hard to think of letting go if I had em. I saw a show about Harry Winston once and his wife said she always knew when he sold one of his multimillion dollar diamonds with out her ever being told. She said he would be sad and depress for days after the sale of one of his prized diamonds and she knew by that he was a few million dollars richer.

Last edited:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pieces and a nice return. I do think you could have doubled that if you wanted to take the slower route. I don't have a wife but if I did and she said sell, I'd sell them (reluctantly) in an auction for a high reserve start. Maybe that's why I'm still single...And loving it!!!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still getting 500 each out of those is a winner in my book.
I don't think he meant $500 each. He said sold separately so I take that as $500 total in 2 different auctions. Maybe I'm the one misunderstanding what he meant?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Alas, they would have belonged to my kids when I passed.....

Beautiful!

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buys. I know how you can make the feelings of guilt go away. How about delivering a nice crisp 100 bill to the gentleman that sold them to you. That would still leave you with a nice profit margin and would be a very nice gesture on your part.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buys. I know how you can make the feelings of guilt go away. How about delivering a nice crisp 100 bill to the gentleman that sold them to you. That would still leave you with a nice profit margin and would be a very nice gesture on your part.
A fat, juicy grilled steak with all the fixings always drives my guilty feelings away. Then go back and see if he has any more interesting items to sell.:tongue3:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the same thing,I asked the person a the garage sale,do you have any jewlery and she said yeah there's some junk stuff in a ziploc bag,you can have it for $5.It was a gallon size ziploc and I could see some gold & silver in there.So when I got to my car I looked in the bag and pulled out 2 24k gold chains,a 10k ring and 3 pieces of broken silver,925 silver chains,in all I got $220.

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you have any idea what they were worth when you bought them? Not sure i would have pulled the trigger if i hadnt known for sure especially for $115. Great return!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions