OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I bought something from this lady that I need to return to her. She told me that she used to inspect Boeing aircraft before it was sent off to the military or into flight. And she started off inspecting planes at the end of World War II before they were sent off for battle. In some of the jewelry was this little charm. Sterling silver Boeing suitcase charm. She said she retired from Boeing. Or should I just keep it and stick it online. there's nothing else like it but I don't know. image-3510880398.jpg image-3190569631.jpg
But then I can maybe is where it is supposed to be because she is losing her vision. And no one else and her family probably won't have any appreciation for it it will just become a piece of junk metal to them.

steif

Mar 2, 2007
The eagle is a product of AA import company in the 70's. I know because we had bought several of these identical and put them on our buildings and sold several as well. they made several different weathervanes and other repro items, and they had a rather extensive catalog. Some of these items show up all the time and are the bane of my buying when I have to tell people I am not interested and they are only from the 70's... they did a lot of china and porcelain etc.. I have found that I cant sell it now..lol. I sure could back then though. The AA import that exists now is the same company, but offers higher quality items than they did back then.
Still a great buy, and I think you will be able to get 350-400 out of it now, maybe more if the person buying does not know or care how old it is. they are great decorator items.
Of course, they did make the same eagle in the 1900's but the chances of finding one of those is very small. when you get it home detailed pictures will tell if its the same one like we had before.

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I bought something from this lady that I need to return to her. She told me that she used to inspect Boeing aircraft before it was sent off to the military or into flight. And she started off inspecting planes at the end of World War II before they were sent off for battle. In some of the jewelry was this little charm. Sterling silver Boeing suitcase charm. She said she retired from Boeing. Or should I just keep it and stick it online. there's nothing else like it but I don't know. View attachment 1042175 View attachment 1042176
But then I can maybe is where it is supposed to be because she is losing her vision. And no one else and her family probably won't have any appreciation for it it will just become a piece of junk metal to them.

BOAC is British Overseas Airways Corporation which became British Airways in 1974.
It is not Boeing I just retired with a third of a century of time at Boeing.

British Overseas Airways Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see pics of eagle and hope yours is original. The fact you packed deodorant with your buying things made me chuckle. Its hot in Florida in August. :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same eagle, purchased it a couple years ago. I found it sitting on top of a freezer in a utility room. It now sits on top of my freezer on the back porch, lol.

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see pics of eagle and hope yours is original. The fact you packed deodorant with your buying things made me chuckle. Its hot in Florida in August. :)

No joke. And I hate going to some lady's house trying to buy stuff from her smile like I just came out of the gutter! Here are the eagle photos.

image-2483265269.jpg

image-1934345074.jpg

image-3584512098.jpg

image-949896645.jpg

image-3001725795.jpg

image-2577295392.jpg

It looked a lot nicer when I was inside the dark room! Lol. I bought something else today but I'm going to start a new thread with it because I'm hoping it's something wonderful!

steif

Mar 2, 2007
Looks great to me.... I would have no problem paying a couple hundred for that one, Like I said I think I could get about 400 out of it.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
If you sell the BOAC pin on eBay, mention the Beatles in your subject line. Having a brain cramp as to which song, but they mention that they just flew in on BOAC late last night, on the way the paperbag was on my knee, man, I had a terrible flight. Back in the USSR. Ok, by writing it out and singing it in my head I got it. Back in the USSR!! LOL

T.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you sell the BOAC pin on eBay, mention the Beatles in your subject line. Having a brain cramp as to which song, but they mention that they just flew in on BOAC late last night, on the way the paperbag was on my knee, man, I had a terrible flight. Back in the USSR. Ok, by writing it out and singing it in my head I got it. Back in the USSR!! LOL T.

Thanks for the tip. It looks like some of that stuff sells pretty high and there's nothing that's like the charm I have one starting at around $100 or best offer be crazy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread