Well the thrift store had half off today

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I stopped and didn't even expect them to have half off I was kind surprised because the store has never done it before. Ended up getting a wagon for my daughter's birthday it is a roadmaster brand. A dirt devil Vacuum cleaner with all the attachments for six dollars. A Dyson animal vaccume cleaner for five dollars with all the attachments they still sell for $200 online! A Ben Rothlisberger Steelers jersey for a dollar. And a pair sunglasses that I about fell over when I saw how much they sell for the brand is persol. They are prescription so I'm not sure how much that helps or hurts but similar pair sold for $200

image-2266512318.jpg

I was very happy with the Dyson though. As our vacuum cleaner broke, actually both of them last week!

image-228176849.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never herd of the brand persol, but sure looks like allot of Hollywood folks sport a pair of those shades . I'd say they'd sell good as they are.

Attachments

• persol sunglasses.png
    persol sunglasses.png
    348.5 KB · Views: 98

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I've never herd of the brand persol, but sure looks like allot of Hollywood folks sport a pair of those shades . I'd say they'd sell good as they are.

Say, isn't that Mary Tyler Moore? Jackie O? Jaclyn Smith? Oops, wrong century! Great find on the prescription shades8-)!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of funny she said that they have two new employees there and they just put whatever they want to for a price. She wants to hire me but they are required to work Saturdays and there's no way in heaven I'm working on a Saturday morning! And then to top it off employees are not allowed to buy stuff there either so I don't think it's going to work out! She's not the owner though so I well I'll just keep buying stuff cheap I guess!

SweetDesigns

Greenie
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Steve McQueen wore Persol sunglasses. The buyer can always have the lenses changed..... Very desirable brand.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
And they are the official sunglasses of the Mission Impossible Movies. Reason I know is I was trying to locate the pair one of the main criminals wore at the hotel in Dubai(last MI movie). Found out they are out of my price range. Great score!

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love half off at the thrift store. If you know what you're doing (and most of us here do) you can really make out like a bandit in almost every department. Got our marble top victorian dressers at the half off sale. It is the only way I can make a profit on Pyrex is to buy it at their half off sales usually.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great especially when it's the store because they have so much variety. And I'm sick of buying clothes so that's good when there's other things to choose from! The dyson I bought works perfectly fine but it smells like a dog when you turn it on! So I ordered two new HEPA filters and cleaned the whole thing out. Gonna run some Lysol through it once the filters come in and should be fine. I probably should've bought it for parts but I went to a yard sale also yesterday and they have the same Dyson vacuum cleaner for five dollars as well but the guard and most of the plastic down by the front was broken off of it. I'm not in the repair business though I don't like taking time to repair stuff to sell it not to mention I don't have much room to store another one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread