WW2 navel spyscope- quick flip!

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny story at a local sale this morning...a bunch of junk at this sale and then a wooden case catches my eye. Open it and there sits a WW2 naval scope in original case, the lady says $100 so I decide to pass. Them I run into the older gentleman who clearly runs the show and I tell him that he may want to get the scope checked out before selling. Just trying to be a nice guy!

He asks how much she wanted and I told him $100, he got annoyed and I though he was gonna say it's worth way more...he then says will you take it for $20 so I jump at it!!!

To make a long story short I drive a couple miles down the road and run into a military collector at another sale. We strike a deal for $125!

It was a little rough condition but probably worth closer to $200, he had some room on the bone and I made $105 in less than an hour...

Only pic I snapped before selling...like they say, it's out there!

Attachments

• image-4159984790.jpg
    image-4159984790.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
Punatic

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha not a belly button scope, a NAVAL scope...autocorrect!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here I thought you had a belly button fetish..lol. Nice find & flip!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer! I want to see what they look like out of the box. I once found 4 OEM aluminum 98'-04 ? Ford Ranger pick up wheels at a yard sale. They also had the center caps. I wasn't that all interested in them and on my way out, as they had nothing, I asked the gal how much on the wheels. She says seven dollars. I said seven each? she said no seven for all. I thought, sure and I'll see if maybe Big O tire will give me more and the scrap yard would at least give 8 buck each on them. On my way to Big O, I pass a used car lot and in that lot I see a Ford Ranger pickup with the steel wheels on it. So I go see this one man car lot and show him the wheels. I told I just picked these up at a yard sale and they'd sure enhance the look of that Ranger you got out there for only 35 bucks each. He looks them over scratches at his chin thinking he was on a counter offer I could tell. I say hey they've got the center caps also. He then says ya!, would you take 80 for all. I said sure. That took less then 45 minutes to unload those wheels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions