I ventured back to the 60s today, spent $60, and totally scored!!

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ventured back to the 60's today, spent $60, and totally scored!!

This is the result of the estate sale that I eluded to on BeachKid's thread about not being able to sleep before going to one that you know is going to be big. Well, in lieu of describing everything, I wll just post pics and you're welcom to ask about anything. I feel I did quite well for only spending $60!
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless us an save us Misses O'davis - My Grandmother would say that when something good happened .You did good !

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a 'tube amp' guy but if you can send a picture of those Zenith tubes to a local guitar amp repair shop, then another and another, some of those might be worth the effort. Like I said though, they might not be the right kind (usually I see different brands mentioned in ads) so until somebody can help more I'd just like to say neat finds and have fun!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That clock is nice too . Is it electric , windup ?

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I'm not a 'tube amp' guy but if you can send a picture of those Zenith tubes to a local guitar amp repair shop, then another and another, some of those might be worth the effort. Like I said though, they might not be the right kind (usually I see different brands mentioned in ads) so until somebody can help more I'd just like to say neat finds and have fun!
I was looking at the tubes and hoping to see some 12AX7. Those the amp guys want and NOS even better.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the zenith box and the atomic clock! Won't be long until somebody says something about shooting your eye out. Good stuff and much better than the trash I bought today.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those tubes can bring you big$$$ to the right person,it looks like you could have a $1000-$5000 to the right person.
:thumbsup:

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been searching for an old coleman cooler like that one, I have a slightly newer model that is tan but I love the classic old green ones the best! Nice picking!

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the clock...heck, I like all of it.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
That clock is killer. I have been looking for one like that for a LONG time and never found one. If it works, I bet you can get at least $200 for it and maybe a LOT more. I would have spent $60 on the clock alone.

The Zenith tubes are cool but I would not be surprised is the case itself is worth a good amount, too. It looks like it is in near perfect condition. I bet there are a couple of Zenith collectors out there who would dearly love to have that case.

Welll played, sir!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread