Please tell me Im not crazy.

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Please tell me I'm not crazy.

I was set to go today with my route of yardsales, but I way overslept. By the time I hit my first yardsale it was 11 AM. There were no signs that I saw, I had pulled the ad from craigslist. As I walked up, the seller seemed very motivated. There was various wooden chairs strewn about, which I passed on. There was also 4 tables of glassware and some other vintage items. I don't know very much about glass, I am just starting to learn. I immediately saw two or three things I wanted to buy and was mentally calculating what I wanted to pay. He comes over and says "I'll show you how motivated I am. I'll give you everything on all four tables for $20." I maintained my outward composure but inside I was reeling. I think this stuff is real, but am I being taken here? Is it all junk? Is my 'eye' that bad? In the end, I got him to throw one other thing into the deal for $20, gave him another dollar for plastic tubs to haul the stuff home. Driving to my next sale, I started thinking something wasn't right. That stuff looked too good. Maybe it was a breakup situation and he was selling stuff out of spite? Basically, I think he way undersold himself, but knew he was doing so!

Please tell me I'm not crazy.

DSCN3212 (Copy).JPG DSCN3213 (Copy).JPG DSCN3214 (Copy).JPG DSCN3215 (Copy).JPG DSCN3216 (Copy).JPG DSCN3217 (Copy).JPG

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Na there is well more than $20 worth of stuff there! Just from a quick glance at the pictures I see a pair of Fenton milk glass Hobnail candlestick holders (worth almost if not more than what you paid for everything). I see an Indiana glass kings crown compote with gold rim. I see a jadeite or custard lid to an old canister, that glass paperweight might be worth $20 or more on its own (is it marker or signed?), The clear pitcher in the back looks to be LE Smith Moon & stars in crystal. The clear covered butter dish/tray are worth looking into. Not sure about the light blue frosted or satin tray with the handle, might be Tiffin (without looking it up). I can't quite tell what the milk glass paneled creamer & sugar are but probably either Westmoreland or Indiana glass. The other clear bowls or compotes I'm not sure about but the one in the back next to the clear pitcher might be US Glass (kinda resembles the Minnesota pattern they made) or Imperial?. I don't know about your pottery/china items.

Last edited:

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not crazy. You have stock for your own yard sale. My wife has so many shoes and pocket books if she would let me, I'm so motivated, I would pay people to take them.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best find in that lot in my opinion are the Purinton pottery apple snack plate and cup sets. I also like the ladies hat pin holder and the clock.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think that the cobalt tea cup and saucer is Harlequin or Riviera, both made by Homer-Laughlin China company.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best find in that lot in my opinion are the Purinton pottery apple snack plate and cup sets. I also like the ladies hat pin holder and the clock.
I see Replacements.com has the sets listed at $133.95. Purinton Pottery Apple Snack Plate Cup 527269 | eBay Personally, I think $24.99-$29.99 is a more realistic price though. What is the deal with that ceramic clock, is it a wall pocket? Also, is the hat pin holder marked?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your not crazy;)

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure on a lot of the stuff.But, in the one photo I see a bowl by nortike.It's a pattern called Azela,you know,like the flower. The pattern could be obtained from the Larkin Company of Buffalo,New York.They sold china,etc.etc.You can even find their catalogs for sale on ebay. They also sold china by Homer Laughlin as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread