Made out on some video games today with a LATE stop after a disapointing early start

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the day started off early and bad as we got up and made it to an advertised "estate sale, everything must go!" at 7am this morning. We pulled up and its a small yardsale. How disappointing, nothing inside, just few tables of stuff. There realy should be yard sale police who can issue people tickets for advertising a small yard sale as an estate sale. Anyways, I did pick up three nice Union Pacific railroad hats for $1 each.

Anyways, there weren't any other sales advertised in town and no signs, so that was it. Until later in the day as we were driving through the next town over at 4pm after swimming at the lake. We stopped at a small sale that was closing up. They had a box of Nintendo Wii stuff. All told there was the wii system, 4 controllers, controller charging station, lots of controller peropherals like guns, steering wheels, bats, etc, 30 wii games, 12 gamecube games with two gamecube controllers with one being a wireless controller. Just glancing at the games, I spotted a gamecube Super Smash Bros melee game which sells for $50 by itself, and several other Mario games. I was thinking, okay here is a system with all this stuff with over 40 games, this will be expensive. I ask about it and then Im walking away with big box in hand for only $85. Couldn't believe the price. I can sell just two of the games and recoup my cost.

So, turned out to be a pretty decent day after a disappointing start!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
The early bird gets the worm, and all that, but some of my best scores have come late in the day when I thought I had struck out for the day.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great buy!! That's where I make most of my money is on video games and consoles.

I have 2 disc repairers so any games that have scratches they come out looking brand new. I've made a lot of money from them.

Here's a pic of the one I have. Worth every penny!!!

ForumRunner_20140824_062401.png

OP
OP
nathan104

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eagle- Ill have to look into that. Ive had multiple games that were too scratched to work. All it takes is a couple high dollar games and that thing will have paid for itself.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's how I started out. I sold games on ebay. I was getting complaints about the games being scratched. So I bought the JFJ easy pro plus because it fixes GameCube games also.

So the games that I was selling for $10 in acceptable condition. Now I sell them in like new condition for $20. With no complaints.

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
A buddy of mine was just complaining about the same thing. Advertised as estate sale and gets there and its a woman selling stuff out of her own house. A few tables loaded with crap that she couldnt sell online. I always love, "something for everyone", you get there and its all fisher price toys, baby clothes and walmart china. You can typically spot these duds from the street but just in case i do a quick walk through. Good grab on the console!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions