Crown AM/FM stereo Cassette "walkman"

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone posted a thread with INFO about how much some Sony walkmans sell for now. I came across this vintage Crown CS-22A that is in great shape but I can't find another one of these online anywhere let alone finding any for sale or recently sold. I got it for FREE & regardless if I would have seen that post I would have grabbed this because vintage Crown electronics usually does very well! Especially the late 70's & early 80's stuff & that is exactly what this is. Guess its pretty darn rare from what I can find! This is simply Crowns version of a Sony Walkman & I suspect its 1980-81-82ish as thats when their boom boxes went from silver to black in color but these could have been black before their boom boxes went black? It could easily be late 70's but I suspect very early 80's.
DSC03906.JPG

Last edited:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I can't find exact matches I go to Google and search for a shorter version of what the item is you're looking for. For example I typed "Crown CS personal cassette" into Google then clicked "images" and a lot of pictures came up that look a lot like yours. Click the image and you will go to the site the image is on. It doesn't work all the time but it might give you an better understanding of the item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread