Dishware finds and questions - Crown Corning and Feltmann Weiden

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never buy dishware for a few reasons. Mainly because I know nothing about them. Also, it seems like the return is not great and they would be a pain to ship.

So I bought the following for $5:
Crown Corning Japan
- 3 bowls
- 6 small plates
- 6 large plates

Feltmann & Weiden
- 2 teacups and matching saucers.

There is a lot of CC stuff on ebay. Is Crown Corning dishwasher safe? (I'm assuming yes)

Anyone know anything about the Feltmann & Weiden line? I can't find anything online. They are really nice looking. Wish they had more.

Also,
- how do you typically sell this stuff? Ebay? Local?
- how do you pack it? Shipping is scaring me away from putting it online.

Thanks,
Bill

ForumRunner_20140824_230301.png

ForumRunner_20140824_230313.png

ForumRunner_20140824_230327.png

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally avoid as well unless they are really good pieces at a great price (e.g. old meissen). Packing them.. stinks.

You can sell on ebay by the piece for max return. NEVER use auctions for this stuff. You are waiting for someone who has this set and needs a replacement piece.

I'm not familiar with either pattern.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife buys quite a lot of crystal, dishware and baking stuff like Pyrex. I have never had a problem packing and shipping these pieces. My packing technique is to wrap each piece individually with bubblewrap. If it is a group (like a set of bowls or a baking dish with a lid, for example) I put a piece of bubblewrap between each piece then wrap the whole stack with a thick layer of bubblewrap and tape it all together so it is like one large object. Then I put the item in a box with AT LEAST two inches of space on all six sides. Put a couple of inches of foam peanuts on the bottom, put the bubblewrapped object(s) in the middle, and fill the remaining space with foam peanuts. Stickers saying "FRAGILE" are put on all six sides of the box.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread