Luxury Watch Score! Montblanc w/ Diamonds for $50

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone:

I got a great score last Saturday. I went to a "moving sale" and picked up an authentic Montblanc Ladies Profile Watch with Diamonds, model 704-7. I asked the owner were it was originally purchased and she said the Montblanc store. Don't know why she sold it for only $50. Maybe it was a gift. I used my Mizar to test the diamonds. Originally retailed for $3500, sells used in this condition without box or papers for around $800 to $900 on eBay.

This one has the box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Awesome-Lad...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

She also had 14k rings and was asking high prices like $200 on a 14k ring w/ topaz (6 gram weight). Didn't buy those. I don't know how I got this for so cheap. Funny thing is she posted a picture of the watch on my local online classifieds (didnt write the name of the watch in text), along with pictures of other things she was selling.

I've never heard of Montblanc and only after a quick ebay search did I know. I had a feeling it was going to be a fake but nope, its real.

Here are a few pics; (serial number removed);

DSC00135.JPG DSC00136.JPG DSC00137.JPG DSC00138.JPG

Last edited:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess she got it as a gift and never knew it was a very expensive watch? Good job TH!

Last edited:

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice watch, anytime you see anything made by montblanc buy it, especially their pens

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe she had it written on a price sheet at $500 and misread it when she told you the price? However it happened, great score!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I am forever trying to buy a Montblanc pen (which is what the company is known for). Congrats on this one!

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I bought a Mont Blanc box and empty leather pen case for $1.00. Thought it might have some value though I thought the pens were long gone. Sold for $70.00.

Just bought a Mont Blanc box and cufflinks for $5.00. But I have my doubts. Somethings not right but it is a very pretty set.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This irks me a little.... As I know for a fact I've walked past at least one of these watches... Or left one go in a box lot at auction... Facepalm! Now I know and won't ever do that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread