Ah, Fraud once revealed...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I sold an item recently, a Flip Camera. I was contacted today by the purchaser with notice that the camera did not work. I politely asked her to register with Amazon to return the item, and once I checked the Serial Number and special invisible mark I made on the camera, to be sure it was the one sent, I would refund her money.

Amazingly, the camera started to work and the purchase finalized. Amazing how often that happens.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's psychology!!! It's invisible because it's not really there :)

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. You could use an ultra violet pen in a hidden spot such as the battery well. More often than not, just the idea is enough to make the thing magically repair.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
BRILLIANT! Thanks for sharing...

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
In regards to the serial number, if you do take a picture do you put it as maybe the last picture on your listing? Kind of a preemptive notice to potential fraudsters?

apmd

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia.
You could always buy a box of bar-codes, fix them to the item, then photograph for your records. These things stick like **** to a blanket. If the bar-code has been removed or defaced, you don't refund the item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions