Well the joy of the wrap!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes when I buy things I don't think about how I'm going to ship them this is one of those fines. It wouldn't give it a try and I'll take some pictures as I go through it and tell me if I could've done any better or anything different.! First I have to find a box for it or worst-case buy one!

image-372190293.jpg

First thing I want to protect the fence so they don't get damaged at all or at least not any worse and they already are!

Alright so I think the fans are pretty good now finshish this hog!

image-2681494978.jpg

image-326542005.jpg

image-195213505.jpg

Now off to get a box. And I will never sell one of those again unless I can make more than $100 on it but I hope the dude is happy with it!

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! I passed on a HUGE elk head mount with antlers yesterday because it seriously would have required a 4 foot x 4 foot box, if not larger.

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold one of these on eBay before and it really sucks to ship. However it can be profitable if you can get the shipping materials for free (bubble wrap and peanuts). Try to find a box with reinforced corners and charge at least $100 for shipping or pre-pack and weigh to get an exact shipping amount.
Nice find and good luck!!!

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't look like it would take much to cave the side of the box and damage the top fin. Would double box if at all possible and economical.

I always go overboard on shipping things like this, but then again I have received camera lenses and unframed paintings from China shipped in little bubble mailers that arrived safely.

If you charged a lot for shipping I say double box so the buyer is at least satisfied you did everything possible to protect it. Otherwise it's up to you.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up getting a bigger box and packing on top and bottom with pink foam. I think it should be alright. $45 to ship it Postal Service but it was 26 through FedEx!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread