prada handbag

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All

Picked this up today at a sale for $35. The elderly woman who was selling it verified its authenticity, telling me her wealthy sister in law bought it for her a while back and she never used it. I know nothing about handbags except that i know prada is desirable brand. Can anyone help identify the style or model? Its has a kind of mesh for the bag and the strap is leather. Thanks!! This could make my weekend if its a good seller. IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1552.JPG

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you familar with women's prada? If not, take it to a high consignment shop and see if they can verify it. You might get more money consigning it then on ebay if it is real. HH

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Prada has a website. Since I know a young lady who owns a coin purse given to her that cost her dad (my golf partner) $500, I'd say your purse is worth a lot more. Any Prada dealer can help you out...

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy, most prada bags retail around 2k

OP
OP
W

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
That all sounds great - I'll def bring it to a highend consignment shop. There are a ton over here in north jersey. Ill try to get to one on my rounds today and see what i can get for it. Thanks for all your help and suggestions so far.

OP
OP
W

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
So i ended up going to the prada store in the mall and they are sending the bag out to get authenticated. It takes 6 weeks though so are going to have to wait a bit. I tried looking online but this is a vintage bag and prada has changed a lot of things compared to todays bags so trying to identify signs of a fake is tricky. For instance the R in prada in the new bags have a slight curved shape but the older ones dont always but some do. I would just be guessing. This way i will know for sure and it will make selling super easy if its real. Plus it costs nothing to get checked out. Ill post back when i find out.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
And it's its fake...they won't return it will they? Either way, getting it authenticated is a good idea.

OP
OP
W

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
And it's its fake...they won't return it will they? Either way, getting it authenticated is a good idea.

Yeah i am assuming if its fake they will keep it but for what i paid i really dont mind. The upside is just too good to not get it authenticated. Besides having a knock-off handbag is not going to do me any good anyway so it will just end up sitting around collecting dust or would just end up giving it away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions