Best find ever?

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$2400 on a $50 payout. I took money back to that old couple. I was totally new to the game. Went to look at this couples jewelry and dug through boxes for 3 hours. Pulled all gold and silver out and paid fairly for it. I also bought all the costume stuff for $50. She was just going to toss it. I got everything home and was looking through everything again and found this coin... In a sunburst style pendent, attached to a chain...
48e1775da0dd9af64ba21924b1681537.jpg

Just on chance I took it to a local yokel coin dealer to see what it was. I walked in he said that's gold... Weighed everything and said I'll give you $1700 cash right now.... I about fainted.... As I buy a little higher than he actually pays... I declined. Took it to my main guy two weeks later and got $2100+ for it. Then a month later (I had just got my test kit) I was going through my daughters jewelry box because she likes to pocket stuff I check before I sell as costume.... I find a huge ring that came from the same lot.... Custom piece no marking. Sold as 16k.... $300.... I ended up taking some cash back to the couple and ended up setting there chatting about this and that for almost two hours... They were astounded that I would bring them cash back. I figure what goes around comes around..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on! What goes around, comes around! Good luck!

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also gave me a bottle of homemade wine when we were first there. Still have that. Not a big drinker.

tomsright

Jul 2, 2013
NatureCoast Florida
Detector(s) used
A/T PRO, 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great find, but the real treasure is in your action . Stories like this are awesome. Let me give you an at-a-boy!

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Thats the best advertizing a man can get.They will be telling all their friends about how honest you were ,hope you left them a card with your name & number. HH

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Honorable. You must sleep well. Good to hear of your success and fair play. The wine will only get better with age if a red. Full or empty it is a reminder of your meeting those folks and returning.

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a grape/mint wine. I made some blueberry a few years back and drank that all within a few weeks.

VernonWalter

Apr 23, 2014
Tejas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and hoping that your excellent attitude continues to bring success.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a very classy thing to do. Karma is going to be very kind to you!!

OP
OP
B

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma.... I'm meeting this guys sister next Friday, after a totally unexpected phone call. She said she has silver coins, jewelry, and costume jewelry.... I'm already having trouble sleeping... It took her 2.5 years to get everything around, either a boatload of stuff or a very slow gatherer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread