Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'd love to hit that sale, but it's over 600 miles from me

OP
OP
S

stefen

Getting to Ferndale is one of the most dramatic drives...along the Pacific Ocean thru the Avenue of the Giants (350' Redwoods) into the Ferndale's Eel River delta dairy-lands of the northwest...

See native Elk herds, Deer, Bear, Cougars (uh...older horny women) and many micro breweries...

Most of the homes and the downtown buildings date from the 1850's

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
i'd love to hit that sale, but it's over 600 miles from me

600 miles for me too... What city are you in? I am in Thousand Oaks (north of Los Angeles).

Only a 10 hour drive. I could leave directly from work and be there in about 10 hours... About Midnight!!!

Maybe next year...

Lets get a 2 or 3 week warning next time.

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
wow that sounds like a gold mine. If i didnt live in NJ it would be one i had to go to despite all the issues. NJ as a ton of town wide sales and you can really hit 50 or more without having to drive all that far. Normally you get a situation where the sales are 10+ miles from each other, so you spend half the day driving or speeding to the next sale. let us know if you find anything exciting. The possibility of finding something great will be too much for you and my guess is you will end up going.

OP
OP
S

stefen

This place was totally nuts Saturday...people parked and walked house to house from about 6AM to around 5PM non-stop...

Sunday was maybe 10% of Saturdays crowd...picking up the leftovers...sold all of our tack today...

We had a continuous line all day long...

People came from as far south as Fresno, Sacramento and San Francisco (300-400 miles), and Medford Oregon (400 miles) to the north, and 1 couple from Laconnor Washington (700 miles)...

Even had a 12 person caravan of GEM golf carts up our rear lane...

There were numerous Roach-Coach food trucks all over the village...I counted 6 within maybe 10 homes each direction...

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Sounds like a good place to have gotten run over. I hate city wide garage sale here. Have come close to being run over 3 or 4 times. People don't look where they're going, they look at whats for sale.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting to Ferndale is one of the most dramatic drives...along the Pacific Ocean thru the Avenue of the Giants (350' Redwoods) into the Ferndale's Eel River delta dairy-lands of the northwest... See native Elk herds, Deer, Bear, Cougars (uh...older horny women) and many micro breweries... Most of the homes and the downtown buildings date from the 1850's
Cougars - thanks, needed a good laugh!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread