Need help with Mexico Ambriz braclet and some other silver marks

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone...off work today so could hit some sales. Would have been great accept for $60 parking ticket...doh!

Best item this 'Made in Mexico', 'Ambriz' modernist bracelet. It's not marked silver but tests positive for silver. I found two similar bracelets sold on eBay for $180 and $130. They were only 3 links wide. Mine is 5 links wide and almost double the weight. Should I clean it? Any thoughts on value?

ForumRunner_20140905_123136.png

ForumRunner_20140905_123151.png

ForumRunner_20140905_123253.png

Next I have what maybe a bolo? Person I bought it from said is was a pin but pin was broken. I don't think he was right. Marked 'JTW' sterling.

ForumRunner_20140905_123433.png

ForumRunner_20140905_123447.png

Next I have a sterling with mother of pearl inlay fish pin. There are two marks. Can't make out either.

ForumRunner_20140905_123555.png

ForumRunner_20140905_123608.png

Finally, I have a coral pin. It is gold colored but marked 800. Silver? Due to pin placement, I cannot test.

ForumRunner_20140905_123739.png

ForumRunner_20140905_123750.png

Happy hunting everyone!
bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked at fish under loop again. Bottom mark is TaxcoMexico...bit no clue on signature.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked at fish under loop again. Bottom mark is TaxcoMexico...bit no clue on signature.
Yeah it looks like an Eagle 3 mark. Used by many makers. I can't make out the other marks.

The modernist bracelet, although the marks are not his typical conjoined initials mark, the design is attributed to Fred Davis. Here is more on him- Frederick W. Davis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The pink coral pin has a European 800 silver hallmark. The standard in many European countries. 10 or so anyway. Less than the typical 925 sterling mark but a nice pin nonetheless. Probably vermeil if it's gold colored, not uncommon. The turquoise piece, i'll check my books and see if I can find anything. Nice picks, especially that bracelet.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The turquoise piece was made by Jack Weekoty. Page 202 of Hallmarks of the Southwest (revised edition). If you take a pic of the entire back and give some dimensions we can probably verify what it is. Kind of shaped like a bolo slide.

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, too, would like to see the back and pic with a ruler please of the "bolo". Size-wise,could it be a barrette (you slide a stick like thing through the holes), or with the curve, something for a pony tail? Like this: Navajo Turquoise Cluster Sterling Silver Hair Barrette - Juliana Williams

and while the bracelet is more valuable, I gotta say that the fish is adorable! Great finds!
Tigger

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like I can only find 1 identifiable maker of Mexican silver out of every 20 I look over. There's been allot of Mexican silversmith's over the years. I do know when they become identified the price of their work goes up.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few more pics with sizing. After looking at the link Tigger shared, I think this is a hair barrette also. Thanks Tigger! (I like the fish too)

Also, what the person selling it to me said: "pin was broken" also makes sense. Too bad it's missing. It looks like there are a bunch of modern versions of these hair barrettes online. Any idea of value?

HH
bill
IMG_20140907_133230.jpg

IMG_20140907_133305.jpg

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from a vacation where we stopped in Cozumel. You would believe the number or "Silver" jewelry stores (and pharmacies).

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

I plan on selling this bracelet which digg said was attributed to Fred Davis. I've found multiple sold versions with the same design but all are 3 links wide. This one is 5 links wide. Any idea on what I should list this for? I was thinking of listing with a starting bid a little less than the sold price of the 3 link wide version.

Curious what others think. Also I went ahead and polished it. Couldn't help myself.

Thanks ahead of time.
Bill

ForumRunner_20141203_192947.png

MicrocosmSun

Feb 21, 2024
Hey Everyone,

I plan on selling this bracelet which digg said was attributed to Fred Davis. I've found multiple sold versions with the same design but all are 3 links wide. This one is 5 links wide. Any idea on what I should list this for? I was thinking of listing with a starting bid a little less than the sold price of the 3 link wide version.

Curious what others think. Also I went ahead and polished it. Couldn't help myself.

Thanks ahead of time.
Bill

View attachment 1087804
I know I am terribly late to the party but I was wondering if this bracelet was still around?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread