Paperweight estate sale find

Dapman

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone.....long time lurker but first time poster due to the fact that I never really find anything at garage sales worth posting - that is until today 8-)

I picked up this beautiful paperweight at a local estate sale this morning and was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it? I looked online and didn't see any with this pattern. Any idea who made it and what pattern it might be?

Thanks for your help! image.jpg image.jpg

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty . Diggummup Knows this type of stuff .

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a pattern. It's what I would call a latticino paperweight. I think the cane type used is called Zanfirico(?). As for the maker, I don't see a signature, so it would be very hard to say. Lots of possibilities. It's a nice looking paperweight.

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
cool find - its hard to make out the inscription on the bottom. is it a pattern or a etched signature? Some of these glass paper weights are real hidden treasures. Depending on the maker can sell for well over $1000. Not saying this one will but good to read up on the ones that do: ayotte, stankard and some other notable ones always do well. Caitheness depending on which ones they are also do well. Curious to hear some more info on this.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a pattern. It's what I would call a latticino paperweight. I think the cane type used is called Zanfirico(?). As for the maker, I don't see a signature, so it would be very hard to say. Lots of possibilities. It's a nice looking paperweight.
You never fail to amaze!

OP
OP
D

Dapman

Sep 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are awesome.....thanks so much for the help!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome, Dapman. I don't know anything about the paperweight except that I like it and definitely would have paid a couple of dollars for it. There is worthwhile stuff to be found at yard sales and estate sales. Read as much as you can and you'll figure out what to look for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread