Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find mojjax. Too bad about not being able to list it.
I was going to tell you, maybe get with Scott AU24K. He is a locksmith and works replacing locks for deposit boxes, or something like that. It might be something he could use or would have an interest in. Just a thought.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's called a "pick gun", it slaps the pins in the cylinder separating the upper and lower pins for a fraction of a second. Using a "tensioner wrench" with a light turning motion the cylinder can be turned. That's the idea anyway, they do work fairly well and if you had an electric one I would buy it. Those we buy wholesale for about $12.00 or so. Get yourself a tensioner tool or make your own and you can now pick some locks if you practice.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a cool find but, if you are caught with it here you will be talking to a Judge in the morning! I still would have bought it though!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some states classify lock picking tools as burglary tool,dont carry it around with you:laughing7:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJC is right, considered tools of burglary with intent. Most states don't require locksmiths to be licensed and as long as your not committing a crime it would never be found. I get to pick locks in front of cops all the time and sometimes even theirs. Lots of fun seeing a cop locked out of his car or home. Poor guys always are the most embarrassed for some reason.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
RJC is right, considered tools of burglary with intent. Most states don't require locksmiths to be licensed and as long as your not committing a crime it would never be found. I get to pick locks in front of cops all the time and sometimes even theirs. Lots of fun seeing a cop locked out of his car or home. Poor guys always are the most embarrassed for some reason.

Because a lot of them think the badge and uniform make them infallible and invincible.................not to mention, superior to us plain folk.

T.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you can blow a joint in a cops face legally. Lovely state.
Actually they are not illegal to own in your state.

The Open Organisation Of Lockpickers :: State Laws

Actually carrying that tool around in a state that must "prove intent" is just asking for trouble as just carrying it around can be enough for then to call it intent! If it doesn't leave your house then they can't say you had any intent. Now I'm in a state that it is 100% completely legal (actually no law what so ever on them) so there is a difference. Slim jims, lock picking tools, sets of master keys for GM, Ford & foreign cars & so on can be purchased from some hardware stores, the Snap-On trucks or about anywhere speciality tools are sold here. eBay put a stop to selling those items in about 02-03 but before that I made a lot of money selling that stuff online! I could buy that stuff new from stores & get 1.5 to 2x what I paid for them but that's because the people who were buying them were people in states that you couldn't buy them in.

There will be a time in the not so far future that you will be able "to blow a joint" in a cops face (whatever that actually means) in all 50 states legally. Same as gay marriage will be completely legal everywhere in the US, it's just a matter of time. But in the meantime our ridiculous government will spend (make that waste) millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars trying to keep the inevitable from happening! I'm not advocating either one nor knocking either one just stating the obvious, the inevitable, the future, no matter if we like it or not.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you can blow a joint in a cops face legally. Lovely state.
Actually they are not illegal to own in your state.

The Open Organisation Of Lockpickers :: State Laws
Diggum, contrary to what you might think, if you were out in public or in your own house and you were burning a fattie and a cop approached you and then you blew smoke in his face, you would get beat down and arrested for something- anything, unless you were at some kind of rally or demonstration in the Bay Area that had T.V. Cameras there. As for the lock picking tool, if caught with it, it would still cost you a grip of money to prove that you were not going to use it. As for a lovely state not really the only thing lovely is the weather! Way too many people here now with the border bring wide open!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggum, contrary to what you might think, if you were out in public or in your own house and you were burning a fattie and a cop approached you and then you blew smoke in his face, you would get beat down and arrested for something- anything, unless you were at some kind of rally or demonstration in the Bay Area that had T.V. Cameras there. As for the lock picking tool, if caught with it, it would still cost you a grip of money to prove that you were not going to use it. As for a lovely state not really the only thing lovely is the weather! Way too many people here now with the border bring wide open!
I was being facetious about the joint/cop thing.

Last edited:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Illegal in one state and DC.

I have two from my days as a vol firefighter.

The nearest lock smith was 45 miles away and i would unlock cars and homes for the locals that lost or locked in there keys and log it in the department records.

the sheriffs department knew i had them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread