20140908_203327.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 193

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are awesome. The label graphics alone are a winner!

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got these real cheap at an estate sale,probably paid $2. The miss liberty in the back date to the 50's and I am thinking the easy lights do also. Easy lights were made in Maryland and the miss liberty in Vineland NJ. Was a long time ago when states like these made this stuff. Sparklers are illegal in NJ.

Here, too, and I loved them! What a great find.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those boxes are not from the 1950's. The UPC code is a giveaway for the Block Buster sparklers, that and it says made in China.
The Elkton Sparkler co. (Nitro) is still in business . Elkton Sparkler CO North East MD, 219012331 ? Manta.com.

SHOGUN FIREWORKS BLOG: Sparklers From the People?s Republic of China: Revocation of Sparklers Antidumping Duty Order

These are vintage Miss Liberty boxes, second photo being the oldest, notice there is no zip code on the boxes. This is sometimes a clue to aging the box, zip codes were not used prior to sometime in the mid 60's.-

il_570xN.437408411_c9k2.jpg
$_57.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those boxes are not from the 1950's. The UPC code is a giveaway for the Block Buster sparklers, that and it says made in China.
The Elkton Sparkler co. (Nitro) is still in business . Elkton Sparkler CO North East MD, 219012331 ? Manta.com.

SHOGUN FIREWORKS BLOG: Sparklers From the People?s Republic of China: Revocation of Sparklers Antidumping Duty Order

These are vintage Miss Liberty boxes, second photo being the oldest, notice there is no zip code on the boxes. This is sometimes a clue to aging the box, zip codes were not used prior to sometime in the mid 60's.-

il_570xN.437408411_c9k2.jpg
$_57.JPG
I knew the China made ones were recent but thought the others were older. Didn't know about the zip code dating, thanks so much for that info. Do you think the easy lite are very recent or older? There are no barcodes on the boxes of easy lite.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
One of my "toomanyhobbies" is I also belong to several Pyro clubs and there are those among them that collect old fireworks, not great in value but very collectable....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the China made ones were recent but thought the others were older. Didn't know about the zip code dating, thanks so much for that info. Do you think the easy lite are very recent or older? There are no barcodes on the boxes of easy lite.
I think they are no older than mid 90's at earliest. A quick search reveals the gold colored ones in an identical box that are still being sold. The only difference is the gold highlighting on the box. Easy-Lite #8 Gold Sparkler - Product - SHOGUN | VULCAN

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I bought a small stack of vintage black cats about a year ago. I really want to move them but never found an outlet to get rid of them. Any ideas? I have pics if you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread