willis7

Mar 29, 2014
Last edited:

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from the company running that sale. My guess is that they price it so high intentionally so it does not sell and they keep it to resell for themselves. This estate company may get to keep what does not sell. If it was a family member then, I am wrong. HH

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
I've only seen these people do 2 sales this year and they don't have a store around here but I guess they could be selling everything on ebay

wotdlois

Aug 12, 2014
NJ
Primary Interest:
Other
i recently just started buying and selling from garage and estate sales - i am still on the fence when it comes to the estate sales as like the OP mentioned everything is marked so high that you have to buy tons of product in order to make a decent return. Right now i am more of a 1-5 dollar an item buyer that i can resell for 20 25. Rarely do i purchase anything over that unless i am 100% sure of the value. I guess it just takes time. For instance i was at one today where they had ww2 metal ammunition boxes(assuming based on the high price)marked $80 and these were the small ones. I dont even think you could get that if you sold them online.

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
this is the only estate sale company around here that is outlandish on their pricing most of their stuff if I were to buy it and resell it I'd be in the negative and that's if I sold things for the book prices wich are unrealistic as well

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
From one listed this weekend in my area (had pictures of a few nice collectable guns, which they trumpeted for the bait and switch):
"Please note – Rifles & Hand Guns will first be offered at a private event to friends and family of the estate, then to our email subscribers."

What do think were the chances were that any would be at the sale?

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Oh, and last week, we had a guy charging $3.00 admission to his run of a mill garage sale, with ungodly sky-high prices. This is what I have to deal with.

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
so I went back today and they had everything marked down 50% got a few deals but stuff was still pricey ended up with a little over an ounce of silver and some possible gold I'll have to test it later

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I went back today and they had everything marked down 50% got a few deals but stuff was still pricey ended up with a little over an ounce of silver and some possible gold I'll have to test it later
At least they had it marked down 50%. I've been to sales down here on the last two hours of the last day and they still wanted full on retail plus. One item that comes to mind is a pair of miniature Jay Strongwater picture frames just like this one- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-Strongw...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 . They wanted $15 for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions