tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night cruising the aisles of the free museum or better known by most folks, as "the thrift store", filled with good deals and other folks unwanted junk by the oh so many who've not the eye. I find this little eye catcher. I flip it to the bottom and see the University of North Dakota, Schools of Mines mark. Thanks! to Antiques Road Show for doing a bit on, North Dakota Pottery I pop for the full price of $5.39 on this little treasure. I'm not sure of the true value and age?, but an ebay research gives me a good idea of maybe $80. to $90. based on a Coyote figurine sold on ebay recently. Most recent School of Mines pottery sales on ebay range from $9.99 to $3925.00 for a very unique art pottery piece. It stands 4-1/4" tall and condition is excellent. school of mines | eBay

Attachments

• Dakota 1.jpg
    Dakota 1.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 97
  • Dakota 2.jpg
    Dakota 2.jpg
    895.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Dakota 3.jpg
    Dakota 3.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 109

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am avoiding breakables these days, but great score!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ceramics, pottery & glass. Only if they'll make decent money. I may pick up only one in every hundred I look at. They can only be special and unique for my consideration. I've got several Waterford pieces now and I don't know if and when I'll ever get around to getting rid of them. I didn't pay squat for any of them. I did last month buy a watch out of a pawn shop and noticed they had Waterford crystal in the shop. They had a pair of wedding flutes kind of like I had for $59.95 for the pair. I asked what they'd give for a similar pair? They said 5 bucks each would be all. I only paid 99 cents each for mine and said sure I'll go home get them and put the 10 bucks down on the watch they wanted $39.00 for. I can sell the watch for $80.00 to $100.00. Sure I may have gotten $40.00 out of the flutes on a good day, but now I don't have to deal with the risk of broken merchandise sent.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I was hoping to get maybe $75. out of this little chotsky ... This little guy received 26 bids and sold for two hundred bucks. A thrift store treasure for sure.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score!!! You can safely and easily ship a small breakable like that, too.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very selective on these kind of things. The key I believe in buying things like this to make money is the info & sales history must be easily ascertained. Turned out the sig "M. Cable" on the base was for a Margret Cable who was head of the UND ceramics dept. from 1910 to 1949 and that made it more desirable to collectors of North Dakota Pottery, plus it did narrow down the date it had to be made. I was thinking it came from the 1950s and up. I was finding all this out after the listing started.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread