Had 10 minutes and $30

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had like no time to go to yard sales today. I shouldn't have even stopped but today's my daughter's birthday and I was hoping for one small last-minute gift for her. There was a community yard sale down the road from my house. Figures......

And last night was football for my son and cheerleading for my daughters so I spent most of my cash I had there on food for everyone.

So I picked one house that look like it had decent stuff. So for $20 I bought her a wooden kitchen with three grocery bags full of little assessories with it. Pots and pans for its vegetables plates and forks. She will love it she's just turning three so it's perfect for her.

Also at the same sale for $10 dollars I bought a Kirby vacuum cleaner and then along with it came a box full of accessories for it. I think parting it out I will to do well. It's a Kirby classic. I will add pictures later of the vacuum if anybody's interested but for $30 total wasn't too bad. I did get yelled at them for not coming home fast enough with the birthday cake!!

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
My family says I'm addicted but they should know by now…Saturday is my yard sale/Thrift store day! My kids are 13 and 11 so I'm trying to get them to buy and sell for new cell phones and monthly data plans that they crave. They think I should use MY eBay sales to support them…not gonna happen. LOL! Enjoy your daughter's b-day!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The yard sale and vacuum cleaner at had model boats as well brand-new in the box. But the guy was there and he wanted $30 apiece for them. I said he's crazy that's too much money my left well my neighbor went three hours later and they were closing up the husbands gone and the wife said he can take whatever you want for five dollars. So he picked out to both models and said can he have both of them for five dollars and he said sure!! One sells for $150. The 2nd sells for $450!!!!

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
The yard sale and vacuum cleaner at had model boats as well brand-new in the box. But the guy was there and he wanted $30 apiece for them. I said he's crazy that's too much money my left well my neighbor went three hours later and they were closing up the husbands gone and the wife said he can take whatever you want for five dollars. So he picked out to both models and said can he have both of them for five dollars and he said sure!! One sells for $150. The 2nd sells for $450!!!!

To prove to my wife that one could actually make money on eBay from picking yard sales, my first two sales were model ships. Although they should have gone for more (curse of no rating) I sold them for opening bids of 80 and 100. I only paid 4 a piece for them.

I have sold several more over the last three years - I just bought a new one for 2.99 at Goodwill, small wooden model that should bring about 35 - I had never paid 30 for one. But if it was large, high quality and known manufacturer, I would have. You scored big time by waiting!

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

$30 apiece wasn't so crazy after all. For that kind of profit I'd pay $30 all day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions