coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1991 Topps Reprint of 1954 Rookie Card, made specifically for the "East Coast National" Show. Oh, and I almost forgot, I got a 2008 Topps Chase Utley Moments and Milestones 8/10. (Ten made)

OP
OP
coinsareawesome

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The prices are still unusually high for a baseball card of that caliber. ALL of them are of $7. It is still very interesting and cool.

OP
OP
coinsareawesome

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem is: the one you're looking at is not the same as mine. Lowest price I saw now is still about $4.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are so many garbage cards out there that I don't even look at sports cards anymore. I'm sure there are good deals to be had, but I don't want to devote the time to it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinsareawesome, Don't take anything here personally. I agree with the above post by meanpc, I barely look at sports cards anymore. We've probably all bought baseball cards in the past thinking we had something great, only to find out they were virtually worthless. I think what most people will agree on, is that sports cards in general are a specialty niche and you need to know what your looking for/at before even attempting to buy any for resale because in general 99.5% of them are worth pennies. Having said that, I have made money myself on baseball cards in the past. So there is nothing wrong with buying a box full of 500+ baseball cards for $7, if that's where your interest lies. Especially if you can make your money back on 2 or 3 cards.
Example... I buy vintage postcards whenever I find them. Most of them aren't worth more than .25-$1 each, but I like them and collect them, so I buy them. It's the same with baseball cards and every now and then there is a needle in the proverbial haystack that's worth it's weight in gold, even more so with baseball cards than postcard's.
I think most people (here at least) see them as a hassle to bother with because the resale value is so low on the vast majority of them. Personally, I see this as a good thing for the card collector, less competition!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions